F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Pretty sure I am running the Bosch Icon on my truck. Big thing for me is to get wipers that have the "frameless" design or whatever you call it.

The old school ones with the mini arms wear funny and you end up with streaking or inconsistent wear.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I buy them for all vehicles at the same time too. It's too tough for me to remember which one got new blades and which one didn't. I do the same for cabin filters. These are two items that I think time has as much effect on as actual use. I haven't had to buy these for my Exploder just yet but I will say that for my other Ford SUV's the local stores never seemed to have the rear window wiper in stock. Makes me think ahead and I typically order online.
Trico has an ExactFit blade that fits on the Explorer (at least on my 17). Now since I only do them once a year, I have to spend about 30 minutes singing a four letter aria until I figure out how to remove the little bugger... 😂

So far so good I do like the 'flex' bow on them more than the metal frame ones with the pivoting arms to hold the actual blade... I think they were just over $25 for the PAIR after tax and all..
Those are "beam blades". All the good ones are that way. Neoforms, Icons, etc. And yes, they are the best.

Rain-x > any wiper
Rain-X is actually mediocre at best. The problem is that it builds up over time and can make the glass look "foggy", which is then a pain to remove. Look into Aquapel. It's a little fussier to apply, but works way better and lasts longer. And whatever you do, avoid Rain-X Anti-Fog. That stuff is junk.

We buy our blades at Costco, $9 each if I recall.
Same here, Michelin I believe. They only last about a year but for six or nine dollars or whatever they are works for me.

They are also both the same length

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put Bosch Icons on my truck this last fall. They had 22A and 22OE on the shelf. Autozone's fit guide said 22A was the right fit for both sides. For the 3 weeks I got to use it, it seemed to work fine.

The far end of the passenger side wiper on my old Cherokee couldn't quite follow the curve of the windshield and would just kinda hang out in space when down at the bottom (parked) position.

Ok - it’s gonna rain in a few months, so I’m resurrecting this wiper thread. Anyone ever decide if Bosch Icon A & B’s are any more effective the standard Motorcraft 22” beams?

I have Bosch 22B on both sides; replaced about a month ago. Clean sweeps with no streaks.

Reactions: Boatwaco
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.