F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all....I wanted to put some 22" Hostages on my '14 FX4 but I don't wanna lift it or increase tire diameter....have any of you done this? Not sure of what wheel width/tires sizes to go with either. Thanks !

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
So, you want to pair off-road style wheels and street tires?

What are you looking to do?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hey all....I wanted to put some 22" Hostages on my '14 FX4 but I don't wanna lift it or increase tire diameter....have any of you done this? Not sure of what wheel width/tires sizes to go with either. Thanks !

22 by what? It helps to know the width of the wheel as well. My wheels are 22x9.5 and my tires are 305/40r22. They measure 31.5" actual height OD. I have an XLT and it is a 2wd street truck that tows and launches an offshore fishing boat.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Do you have any pics of it nasty?

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
#WWA

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Do you have any pics of it nasty?

I do need to start taking more pics just for records. This is an 'old' pic of it. I have since added color matched mud flaps and fender flares. I've also color matched the black inserts to Oxford White.
IMG_0327 - Copy.jpg

The truck is going through another update right now. Different wheels. The ones pictured are being swapped out under warranty, the chrome is pitting.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
You are so fancy

The boost will set you free

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Good looking Wendy. Thank god you went with chrome and not black wheels.

Here is a pic of my wheels.
View attachment 10077
View attachment 10076
Nice wheels and thanks. When my wheel guy agreed to swap out my wheels under warranty he tried to convince me to go with a black wheel to avoid having the same trouble with chrome pitting. I saw some beautiful black wheels but I couldn't bring myself to agree. My truck is Oxford White with the Chrome package. My wheels have to be chrome and any accent on them has to be color matched Oxford White to keep them looking like they belong there. I'm figuring out how to get/make some 22" brake dust shields to help with keeping them clean and avoiding pitting.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, what suspension changes did you make. I love the look. Did you just lower the back? If you have manufacturer and part numbers that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hello, what suspension changes did you make. I love the look. Did you just lower the back? If you have manufacturer and part numbers that would be awesome.
Zero modification to the suspension. I took off the factory 18's and put on the 22's. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the replies everyone...truck looks good! I wanted to go with a TerraGrappler or something like it. And definitely something wide enough to stick out a bit

1 - 20 of 29 Posts