F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
80 in a 65....

Wasn't paying much attention and man it didn't feel like i was going 80. Much smoother ride than my old truck...lol

Better than the time i got a ticket on a new motorcycle on the way home from the dealer i guess.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Don't feel bad. Had my first ticket not long after I got mine. Was following a semi and minding my own business. Downhill run, I was trying to maintain about 58 MPH (Limit - 55) and was ticketed for 72 MPH. I think the radar tagged the semi in front of me...as I had been pacing him for some time. Oh well. The Trooper was kind enough to drop the ticket to 2 points instead of 4. I was pulled over and waiting for him when he turned around - two lane highway in the middle of nowhere Alaska - they ticket everything that speeds. Except semi trucks of course.

·
Registered
565 Posts
thats totally understandabel when i frist got my truck it took a lot to remember i wasnt driving my chevy cruze anymore and needed very little gas pedal to go

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yea, smooth ride, comfortable cabin, good music and the EcoBoost is the perfect combination for letting speed climb without ever noticing it with a seat of the pants feel.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Ouch!

At least you looked cool getting it!

SPPD

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I use the cruise control a little more routinely than I used too. The last truck I had the buttons looked brand new, as I hardly used them. I think these ones will get more use.

·
Registered
537 Posts
One little personal trick that I would use to slow down was to use the adjustable pedal switch and move the pedals forward. I found that by doing so I was putting less pressure on the "Go Pedal" and not driving as fast since for some reason I never got a good seat of the pants speedometer feel in the Eco Truck.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
80 in a 65....

Wasn't paying much attention and man it didn't feel like i was going 80. Much smoother ride than my old truck...lol

Better than the time i got a ticket on a new motorcycle on the way home from the dealer i guess.

WHAT? Where I live, the police usually give your the customary "New Vehicle ... Just got it, not used to the vehicle ... warning". Was the cop driving a Dodge?

·
Registered
868 Posts
80 in a 65....

i think i would take another route home more often if i got burnt twice !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i would take another route home more often if i got burnt twice !
The one I got on my Harley was in a tiny town speed trap riding back from the dealer in Waco. That one pissed me off. Think I was going 4 over .
In the truck it was a state trooper and pretty much all of em will ticket you for going 10 over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts