F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
24 MPG
The first time I had a really good look at the gas mileage thetruck only had about 5,000 miles on it and I was towing a car trailer and a3,000 lb car. 4 lane freeway going 70+ with a mountain pass. I drove 500 miles that time. I averaged 15. I thought that was fairly decent with a truck that wasn’tbroken in yet.
Now that the truck is broken in I wanted to see what kind of highway MPG I was getting empty so I decided to rest the B trip. I reset inthe middle of Coeur d’ Alene ID (pronounced Core DUH Lane), I live in SandpointID. Temp was about 35 degrees F, cloudy with calm winds. Sandpoint overall isabout 250 feet higher than CDA. The highway between the 2 towns is mostly 2 lanes. Some places with only 45 miles per hour but for the most part it is 65. Leaving CDA there was about 8 stop lights. So stop and go traffic for the first 10 miles. Afterthat it opened up to 65 MPH with some moderate hills and one good one withabout a 300 feet dip then rises back up. The downward part is much longer. The uphill portion is fairly steep. I set the cruse at 68 for about 10 miles before comingto slower traffic. Then speed up slow down etc. At the point I had the cruseset I was averaging 26 MPG. Getting to the slower traffic and driving through Sandpoint, 35 MPH and one stop light, I averaged 24 when I reached home.

A few things to point out.
Truck is a 2013 Super Crew 4X4 with 3.31 gears. Everything stock except Ford bug shield and Mud Guards.
My tank was not full at the time of reset.
As you can see in the picture I drove for 1 hour and 3 minutes and went 52 miles. So my average speed was about 51.
Check engine light is on because when I took the picture I had already turned the truck off. I just turned the key to on to take the picture.

So I tried this again last week. This time it was about 17 degrees F, snowing and the wind was blowing hard. Slow traffic and hard to seemy average speed was about 40 MPH. I only got 18 MPG that time. I didn’t take picturesfor that one. So I would guess the wind really had an effect on it.
Overall very pleased with the truck.

MPG.jpg

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Nice! My best hand calculated is over 21 with my Max Tow SCREW

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Midwest weather and winter fuel aren't helping.
Mine is all over the place. Winter temperatures don't help either, nor does idling to keep it warm or warm it up. I plug it in below 20* so that it warms faster. Mostly in town will get me between 14-16 MPG. Highway I can get up to 22. If I reset and shoot for mileage I can almost make 25over a 50 mile stretch. I got the 22.6 on a 900 mile road trip.

Something important to remember is that our trucks figure mileage over the previous 500 miles of driving.

·
Registered
114 Posts
well this this long cold winter i will never see that , but i did see 27 ,pg going to work one morning , i posted a pic here last sumer , i only had 8 k km , i now have 15 k kn and have gone in for the recall
NOW i know that 27 is not 100% right but i figurd that would be closer to 25/26

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a 425 mile drive on Sunday and with just over 4100 miles on the clock so far; I am curious on what it will do in the warmer climate.
So far been averaging 16-17 mpg of mixed driving in NW Georgia and Tennessee.

Sent from my Siri instructed iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
My gas usage gauge is dead on, never more than .1 discrepancy over an entire tank. Mileage pretty dead on too, I got .05% off over a 500 mile drive. Accordingly, I've stopped hand calculating.

Reactions: brucesears

·
Registered
900 Posts
made a 400 mile trip yesterday, cruised at 79mph the whole way and hit 100+ mph also a few times when passing.. Got 19.4 when i pulled back up in the driveway.

here is one of my top speeds hit during the drive, Gotta love Texas back roads, Straight road for miles

·
Registered
173 Posts
made a 400 mile trip yesterday, cruised at 79mph the whole way and hit 100+ mph also a few times when passing.. Got 19.4 when i pulled back up in the driveway.

here is one of my top speeds hit during the drive, Gotta love Texas back roads, Straight road for miles

What kind of sorcery is this?? I get like 18 going a steady 72

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've gotten 25 going 50 mph down back roads for short distance. I drive very conservative on purpose with this truck tying to get best mileage I can..... 7800 mile avg is right at 16.7 on truck display. On highway I only drive speed limit trying to see best possible mileage..... I was thinking of using this as my traveling vehicle for work..... If it actually got anywhere near shown highway mpg I would. It's not even close!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've gotten 25 going 50 mph down back roads for short distance. I drive very conservative on purpose with this truck tying to get best mileage I can..... 7800 mile avg is right at 16.7 on truck display. On highway I only drive speed limit trying to see best possible mileage..... I was thinking of using this as my traveling vehicle for work..... If it actually got anywhere near shown highway mpg I would. It's not even close!!

Are you tuned? I've gotten about the same mpg at 50, but as good as 21 at 65-70 off cruise control and being very conservative. Hand calculated mpg on a roundtrip from Tallahassee to Valdosta, GA.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are you tuned? I've gotten about the same mpg at 50, but as good as 21 at 65-70 off cruise control and being very conservative. Hand calculated mpg on a roundtrip from Tallahassee to Valdosta, GA.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I'm not tuned. Stock all the way

·
Registered
475 Posts
My gas usage gauge is dead on, never more than .1 discrepancy over an entire tank. Mileage pretty dead on too, I got .05% off over a 500 mile drive. Accordingly, I've stopped hand calculating.
Same here, mine has never been more than 0.5 mpg different than hand calculated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Same here, mine has never been more than 0.5 mpg different than hand calculated.
That's about where mine is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts