F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
You will most likely be in good shape. The real problems come when you start going into negetive offsets. I ran a 295/70r18 on stock wheels on my last 2 trucks and I dont think I ever even trimmed anything, but I was running the readylift coilovers in the front, which I gotta say, did very well for me. It's a great cheaper option to run a leveled truck if you don't want to settle for coil spacers, I think the are like 350 per side or something Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

I literally have a photo album called old trucks....what the heck is wrong with me..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will most likely be in good shape. The real problems come when you start going into negetive offsets. I ran a 295/70r18 on stock wheels on my last 2 trucks and I dont think I ever even trimmed anything, but I was running the readylift coilovers in the front, which I gotta say, did very well for me. It's a great cheaper option to run a leveled truck if you don't want to settle for coil spacers, I think the are like 350 per side or something View attachment 182288 View attachment 182289

I literally have a photo album called old trucks....what the heck is wrong with me..
Nothing wrong with that😂 I have a 2” leveling kit on the truck, so I think it will work. The guy I bought the truck from had -12 offset wheels with 33s and I put the 295/60 on those wheels (without doing much research, my fault) and they rub like CRAZY. I immediately ordered new wheels with +18 offset. Hope it turns out good! Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
529 Posts
I know it’s the offset that gets ya, not the tire diameter. But Fwiw I am currently running 295/70r18 (34.3”) on stock wheels at completely stock height.

I easily have minimum 1/4” clearance everywhere at ride height, only super minor rubbing on drivers side when completely stuffed and turning a bit - rubs on front fender liner.

To my eye it looks like I’d have that clearance if the tire moved out 1” (+44mm stock to your +18mm wheels = ~1 inch further outboard).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts