F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I would do a review on the quality and install of my recent purchase from ebay seller PSI Restyling for a set of 3.25" flares. First off I tried researching reviews for this product and could not find any so I was a little nervous of buying them.
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

the only reason I went with these and not the bushwackers is because I have a pretty agressive offset and no body made them that big, my tires have a 3.25" poke so these were the perfect size from my measurements.
Tire Automotive tire Rim Auto part Wheel

The shipping was fairly quick keeping in mind that they were comming from the US to Canada, they arrived well packed, in perfect condition with everything needed to install (bolts/nuts,seals,fasteners) including some poorly writen instructions but after reading them over a few times and watching a couple youtube vids I felt pretty confident.
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car Bumper

Install took about 2 hours and 4 beers, the hardest part was taking the oe fx4 flares off which was not hard at all but I do recommend buying some spare christmas tree clips incase you need to re-install the factory flares because the oe clips will snap or break when removing them. I did have to drill one hole on each front flare, one of the holes didnt lign-up at all (no biggie) As you can see the flares are the perfect size for my offset, they keep the truck and mirrors clean of slush/mud and road splashup.
Tire Automotive tire Car Vehicle Snow

Good fit and finish, not great but good. I was considering painting them but the unpainted color was a very close match and IMO looks good. I think the paint wouldn't of held up on the inner well area over time.
Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car

The rears are very easy to install. I hate how they make the truck look lower but like how they keep the truck clean, fair trade off.
Tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire Auto part

Theres still a little splashup from between the front flare and running board so I bought some cheap universal splash guards on ebay which I will be mounting up once the rain letsup. Test fitted them last night end they fit perfectly and dont abstruct the tires at all.

Anyhow if your thinking of buying PSI Flares, IMO a great buy and far less expensive than the other competitors. We will see how they hold up over time.

Reactions: ckjaecks

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Looks good man. Thanks for the great pics and write up!

Transmitted by thumbs via iPhone. Chance of errors, 87%.

Reactions: Gosselin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Automotive wheel system Tire Architecture Wheel Automotive tire
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system

I know this is old but...
I went with your recommendation after reading this thread, was on the fence about buying them and man did I get screwed, there is a 1 inch gap along 70% of the top of the flare. As far as customer service, there is none. Cant call em (no number listed on website), and they wont respond to emails. Im glad I got them off of amazon otherwise I think I wouldnt even have a chance at returning them. Still waiting on my RMA.
I posted pics of how badly they fit on my review on amazon, they havent even responded.
I think these are hit and miss, and priced lower than bushwackers for a reason. They obviously arent too concerned about QC.
I am glad yours worked out, I did exactly as the videos and instructions said. Didnt tighten down too much, removed smaller factory flare (pissed about having to reinstall that), reinstalled twice and still a huge gap. So annoying. Any tips before I box them back up and send them back to Canada where they belong?

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Those don't look like they were made for the 09+ trucks.

They didn't send you the right ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought that was the case at first but theres a notch exactly where the body line is, was that line in the same spot on 08 and below? Also, believe it or not all the holes all lined up almost exactly.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
They aren't even tall enough. They are supposed to go up past the indented bit on the fender which makes me believe they aren't for this generation f150. I believe the 04-08s have pretty much the same design. Those might be from the older trucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.