F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 F150 with a 3.5 Ecoboost at 33k miles. Took it in for an oil leak and they said it was the oil pan (this is when I first became aware of the many oil pan issues after some quick searching online). The mechanic installed a new oil pan. The next day they called and said the glue didn't work and had to glue it again. I then picked it up the next day (after two glue events).

The next morning I drive my kids to soccer practice and scouts. Engine light comes on, and when I did a U-turn to come back home I heard a loud screetching/rattling noise from the engine. Pulled up to my house a couple miles away to find oil all over the underside of the truck, all over the tailgate. I had also trailed oil out of my neighborhood that morning (it was leaking the night before), I left a trail of oil everywhere I went. I pulled the dipstick - nothing.

I'm having it towed to the dealer in the morning. Do I need an engine rebuild? Obviously this is their fault, but I'm concerned about the integrity of the engine at this point, and they are likely going to fight me on this. Curious what everyone's thoughts are on how to handle this.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Oh, if that were mine, they'd be putting a long block in it. My discussion would start with the general manager - you'll need his stroke, and water runs better downhill - and include phrases like "gross negligence", "lost wages", etc. I would make it clear to the GM that his idiots messed this up and exactly how I expected the situation to be handled - either with a long block and a like-for-like rental/demo for the entire time they have your truck, or (if you're interested) on a very exceptional trade-in in your favor.

Do yourself a big favor. RIGHT MEOW - document ALL THE THINGS. Write down everything that happens, with a pen, in a journal. Take pictures of EVERYTHING. Record every conversation - in person, on the phone, etc. You may need this if this ends up in a legal battle.

I wouldn't call Ford until you have a conversation with the GM, but you may also need to get them involved.

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Agree. Engine is likely beyond repair.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Tough thing to happen. You are most likely going to meet a lot of resistance due to the fact that you drove it after the engine light came on. Good luck And I’m not saying that sarcasticall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts