F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
Pretty much agree with all the above!!! Spent most of the day today looking at TT's. I wanted a 5th for drivability but earlier this year my wife said she didn't want to step up in 5th. So that made he dicision easy. My door sticker is only 1178 Yes that's right!! Lariat + fully optioned. It's all about payload when talking 5th. With your family and all I'd be going with 3/4 or even 1 ton if going with5th. Some TT's might work for you and wish you luck in finding something that works for you. I'm still getting airbags no mater what I get also with what I already have as listed below.

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Pretty much agree with all the above!!! Spent most of the day today looking at TT's. I wanted a 5th for drivability but earlier this year my wife said she didn't want to step up in 5th. So that made he dicision easy. My door sticker is only 1178 Yes that's right!! Lariat + fully optioned. It's all about payload when talking 5th. With your family and all I'd be going with 3/4 or even 1 ton if going with5th. Some TT's might work for you and wish you luck in finding something that works for you. I'm still getting airbags no mater what I get also with what I already have as listed below.
Artie (OP) never reported what his trucks yellow sticker indicates his cargo numbers are.

Your "1178" is even lower than my King Ranch. I didn't think that was possible! It's ~1560.

The new Ruby Red 18 that we just acquired is an XLT SC and has a ~2150 capacity, which I would be comfortable using to tow that new Micro Minnie above, no problem.

But my brother's 18 XLT Max Payload has ~2700 lb capacity! That is really what I'd aim for if I was seriously committed to staying with a ½ton and towing bigger at #7000lbs+

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
Artie (OP) never reported what his trucks yellow sticker indicates his cargo numbers are.

Your "1178" is even lower than my King Ranch. I didn't think that was possible! It's ~1560.

The new Ruby Red 18 that we just acquired is an XLT SC and has a ~2150 capacity, which I would be comfortable using to tow that new Micro Minnie above, no problem.

But my brother's 18 XLT Max Payload has ~2700 lb capacity! That is really what I'd aim for if I was seriously committed to staying with a ½ton and towing bigger at #7000lbs+

Mines only a standard tow and not max. Luxury sucks lol

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
Why can’t our trucks be a lady in the streets, and a beast in the sheets? Have luxury with sacrificing payload.
Think it's called the law of physics:):):) but agree!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
@snakebitten made a 2 lb mistake lol 1176 lbs and I need every pound I can get, that didn't help the dreaded 7200 :(:( @Artie keep us updated on you decision.. thanks :):) IMG_3553.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Ahhh. Steel version. That explains.

You could get that 2lbs and MORE by ridding yourself of superfluous stuff like jacks and spare tires? :)

·
Registered
3,513 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey Guys, thanks again for all the comments. Here is my stickers. Seems I was off as well. However, I found this in the 2016 F150 brochure as well. A few discrepancies?
20190313_213713.jpg 20190311_194511.jpg Payload.png

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
There ya go.

That's the legit cargo capacity of your specific built truck as it was weighed at the factory.

I don't know how they determine it exactly since some portion of our trucks is unsprung, but that would be the number I worked from.

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
It really reveals what a difference Fords move to aluminum did for ½ton cargo capacity.

Now the fully optioned loaded Crew Cab can start at 1500lbs. It was a Gutsy move for lots of reasons, but the benefits are very valuable for some folks.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Dang that's crazy how much weight the higher optioned trucks add. My basic '13 XLT is 1401 payload. CCSB, 145" WB, 4x4, std tow 7200 GVWR.
It really reveals what a difference Fords move to aluminum did for ½ton cargo capacity.

Now the fully optioned loaded Crew Cab can start at 1500lbs. It was a Gutsy move for lots of reasons, but the benefits are very valuable for some folks.

What was crazy and revealing was how Ford didn't raise the GVWR for trucks like mine, even though it had 500lbs of unusable axle rating capability.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
16 Participants
madmaxmutt
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing