F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to swap the fuel injectors from my blown motor over to my new long block and I see that I should change the Teflon seals at the tip of the injectors prior to reinstalling. What tool do you guys recommend to install and resize the seals? I saw a video where the author recommended the KENT MOORE TOOL EN-48266 but that is expensive to buy for a 1 time use occasion. Any other less expensive options? Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Been a bit of discussion on this in the past. There are several members that make the case for replacing the injectors with new seals and not simply replacing the seals. You’ll still need a sizer I believe.

·
Vendor
7,139 Posts
Been a bit of discussion on this in the past. There are several members that make the case for replacing the injectors with new seals and not simply replacing the seals. You’ll still need a sizer I believe.
highly suggest swapping injectors because seal kits aren’t cheap. i think i can get an oem bosch that fit ours for about 20% the cost motorcraft or ford parts want for the 4 they sell. so you are forced to purchase two extra.

sizer is needed with new, but a bic oem, oring, and the metal tip (chrome and smooth) off a mechanical pencil worked on Tifosi’s truck when i assembled without my tools

Family First

1 - 3 of 3 Posts