F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ford has finally come up with a calibration they believe will fix the misfire issues during damp rainy conditions. This new TSB was released the end of January. The best part about it is that they want us to take off all those air blocking plates from past tsb's which should bring back the coolers efficiency. Now this is only for the 2013-2014 models but hopefully soon enough there will be the same calibration fix for the 2011-2012 F150's. I also clarify the air cooler engineering numbers for all model years!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the info! Does my truck need to exhibit the symptoms to have this done or will they do it with the hopes it that it will eliminate the possibility of it happening in the future?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What he said
Make an appointment with the dealer and only tell them you concern- "My truck seems to misfire when is raining out and especially when I go to pass someone". Without hesitation they should do the new tsb and send you on your way. Do not mention there is a new tsb I heard about. That will only irritate them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Tell them it seems to be intermittent and Your wondering if there's anything they can do.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Disclaimer - Stupid questions to follow:
Is a TSB similar to a recall but not as dangerous?
also, each time a new one comes out, are you supposed to get all of them checked out (similar to the engine block heater?)

I have yet to take my truck to the dealership after the whole fiasco I had with them.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Disclaimer - Stupid questions to follow:
Is a TSB similar to a recall but not as dangerous?
also, each time a new one comes out, are you supposed to get all of them checked out (similar to the engine block heater?)

I have yet to take my truck to the dealership after the whole fiasco I had with them.
Technical service bulletin.
I understand it's just a white paper that is released when they see a trend on certain repairs.
Not mandatory or a recall...

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
You also have to pay for a tsb out of warranty, while a recall is free for the life of the vehicle

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the info..very anxious for the 2011. I hate having a neutered cac.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I called my dealer today, He asked for the Vin # and said mine was taken care of before they sold it, I purchased it Dec 29th 2013, I don't have the bottom Shield But I do have the top shield, Mine has not had any issues and it's been real wet and rainy lately,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well as I see it Ford has made a change in the tune (Calibration) to fix the problem. Since all the plumbing hardware is the same I wonder if they are turning to boost down to lessen the condensation problem. If Ford is indeed turning the boost down then they are applying a bandaide to fix this problem. I am not impressed by this at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1393986100983.jpg
This is my cac and turns out it has no deflectors.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If they turned the boost down we would feel it in the power. Doesn't matter. .they can keep their pcm update. I'll stick with my 5 star tunes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called my dealer today, He asked for the Vin # and said mine was taken care of before they sold it, I purchased it Dec 29th 2013, I don't have the bottom Shield But I do have the top shield, Mine has not had any issues and it's been real wet and rainy lately,
That is impossible the calibration came out Jan 27th at the earliest and that is if the dealer updated the scan tool that day too.

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
That is impossible the calibration came out Jan 27th at the earliest and that is if the dealer updated the scan tool that day too.
Correct, but all service centers are run differently....some treat customers as clueless and dont care to do these TSB fixes even though Ford does compensate them...patronize the dealers that do keep up on all of the latest and want to please you.

But the fix to all of this is not that hard or expensive to tackle on your own, the PCV system MUST be modified to provide proper evacuation at all times, and the way it is stock it only evacuates at idle and low part throttle when no boost is being made. The RX system does all of this, and with nearly 200 in use every single user that has given feed back said ALL the issues have been cured.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If an owner has the issue and opportunity to have the TSB performed by a certified Ford dealer, perform this fix. This is manufacturer supported fix that addresses the source of the issue, intercooler efficiency and the PCM tuning that aligns to the performance and driving certification by the manufacturer themselves. Alternatively somewhere down the list might an aftermarket solution be a consideration. Can't emphasize enough to heavily evaluate and scrutinize the science with metrics and proof points of which can be verified externally by quantities of individuals before committing to alleged fixes from other than the OEM.

Not sure how solutions that don't address the areas Ford is addressing: intercooler, and PCM programming is considered a fix for this solution. Possibly Ford and its engineering staff have it all wrong.

This TSB is supported by the manufacturer that warranties the engine up to 60k miles and possible extends the warranty to thousands of additional miles. The same support and warranty likely isn't present outside of this purview.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
If you don't agree with it fine. If you want to point out why you don't think this is necessary or why it would work, fine. But if you go onto every thread and say anything he says is a joke, then you just make yourself look like an ass.

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Wow once again tuner boost knows better than ford, what a joke.
Please by my RX catch can.
Really tired of seeing tuner in just about every post spamming his catch cans.
Wonder why he was kicked off several forums including camaro5.
It's not spam, he's a sponsor...
Chill out with the personal attacks, while you're at it.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts