F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm new to the forum, or any forum for that matter. I always find what I'm looking for on this site but this time I feel like I need a little more help. I picked up a 2015 Ford Ecoboost 3.5l with 110k miles a few weeks ago. This truck is fantastic. I noticed a slight drip of oil coming from the passenger side turbo a week ago. I took it right down to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a turbo oil return line. I gave them the go-ahead to fix it. In the process a bolt broke off in the turbo and couldn't be removed. Long story short, the dealership replaced the whole turbo free of charge. I just got it back today and I've noticed something a little different than before. There is a very noticeable whine or whirring sound whenever I'm in the boost. it gets louder as the turbine spools up. At first, I just hoped this was somewhat normal and tried to convince myself the turbo might be getting broken in😅. This sound isn't super super loud, but it's obviously there especially when I can hear the driver side turbo spool up like normal while the passenger side whines. Anyone else experience anything like this with a new turbo? Could this be a warped manifold that the dealer should have noticed while they were in there? Video of sound

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,840 Posts
Might have corrupted or left off some sound deadening. Might be a newer upgraded turbo ? Haven't heard the newer turbos so not sure. I would sure ask about it.

Reactions: hjd4
1 - 2 of 2 Posts