F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
2 throttle bodies where the plastic gear wore out and a trans select sensor. That's about it. Change the plugs often and of course the oil.
What about other fluids or filters? For example the fuel filter is connected to the fuel pump in the tank.

Can we see some pictures of how the seats are holding up?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Change oil every 6 to 7k. No special oil. Original fuel pump. I will post some pics later.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
2 throttle bodies where the plastic gear wore out and a trans select sensor. That's about it. Change the plugs often and of course the oil.
What symptoms were you experiencing when you had to replace the throttle body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Well, you need to get rid of it and get a V8 because these trucks are designed badly and it will cause headaches and an empty pocket book once you get closer to 100,000 miles. The cam phasers will explode and cause a stretched timing chain, and if you don't drill the weep hole, then the condensate will cause your motor to hydrolock........

Oh, wait.....

You're past 100,000 miles???

That dang Elkhart lied to all of us when he said these trucks/motors would never last. ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It went to limp mode!! When the gear jumps to tooth it goes to limp, which is good in a safety since.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'll bet your intake valves are coked! Better take a look!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm very curious to see pictures of the underside of the truck.... like how suspension and bushings look.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts