F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guy's i just came home from a grate 2 week in Virgina beach with the wife and kids
had a blast , as alway (3 year back to back after 25 years lol)
well i said to the wife let's not ever pack again lol YA right lol
we had every thing but the kitchen sink lol
bikes , beach stuff you name it
from Montreal through N.Y. state , lots of mountains , and yes traffic in n.j and on the
13 and some some heavy rain in some spots , drive Back home was grate

2013 4 door 6.5 box towing pac. with 373 ( 6500 km on her now)

i averaged 112 km/hr , some time as hi as 145 km and well traffic to a dead stop
truck tells me after 3000km i averaged 12.5 , got as low as 9.8 at 95 km/hrs and as bad as 14 at 145 km lol

i did 500km more then last years and beat my old 150 but a full tank , got to love that and i only have 6500 km on the truck , still not change the oil yet , next week ill change the oil
and managed 750 km on just about a full tank ( truck says i had 98 km till empty , really happy about that

my wife love the ride , she find's it big but smooth and quiet , she love it as much as i do

o well off to finish unpacking lol
and get ready for work tomorrow :(

·
Registered
943 Posts
18.2 mpg?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess thats what it is not sure
i lost 2 hours in one spot just inching along , i could not get that on my 2003 f150 , not even close

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like pretty good mileage for the trip!

By my calcs that's 18.8 US mpg or 22.6 UK mpg

2013 SuperCrew XLT XTR Kodiak Brown Ecoboost 145"WB 302A package, Max Tow package

·
Registered
298 Posts
18.8 mpg is good indeed! Me old '02 5.4 3.55 (whew, that's a heap o' numbers), gets 18 highway.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i dont know how you ever got that kind of milage i had an 04 with the 4.6L and 3.55's and got 15 mpg on a good day and on average 13 to 13.5 mpg
the truck had been tuned and had borla catback exhaust and a CAI

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
18.8 mpg is good indeed! Me old '02 5.4 3.55 (whew, that's a heap o' numbers), gets 18 highway.

my old 2003 was getting about the same but way worse when i had trafic and dealing wth the light in NJ , got to find a better route going through NJ to hook up with the 13 . up to the 287 im good but after that , man it can sux

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Have you had the update/recall done to the PCM? It's specifically related to fuel economy & emissions. I will be having it installed this week.

Right now, most of my mileage has been pure city (with hills) and my mileage has been very poor IMO. Based on an actual fill, I got 4.4km/l (10.3 Miles/US Gal or 12.4 miles/Imp Gal). Still only 2,000kms on the odometer.

But, my Mazda 3 with the 2.3 only got 7.5km/l (17.6 Miles/US Gal) in pure city (with hills). FYI, no one who lives where I do, gets good city gas mileage. It's all the hills where I live.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Have you had the update/recall done to the PCM? It's specifically related to fuel economy & emissions. I will be having it installed this week.

Right now, most of my mileage has been pure city (with hills) and my mileage has been very poor IMO. Based on an actual fill, I got 4.4km/l (10.3 Miles/US Gal or 12.4 miles/Imp Gal). Still only 2,000kms on the odometer.

But, my Mazda 3 with the 2.3 only got 7.5km/l (17.6 Miles/US Gal) in pure city (with hills). FYI, no one who lives where I do, gets good city gas mileage. It's all the hills where I live.
Your comparing a twin turbo'd motor, that's bigger, and in a truck that is about twice the weight of the previous car you drove. That isn't that bad for a truck in a hilly region, especially if you get into boost when climbing the hills.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have not done a thing to it , not been to the dealer or any thing else , just did my first oil change , thats it ,
im pretty soft on the gas peddle , thats about it
i am going to drill more 1 inch whole in the bottom of mt air box , to get more freash air in it
i did it to my wife's fusion and i felt it right away , still with stock ford air filter

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Your comparing a twin turbo'd motor, that's bigger, and in a truck that is about twice the weight of the previous car you drove. That isn't that bad for a truck in a hilly region, especially if you get into boost when climbing the hills.
I wasn't comparing how great my Mazda 3 got compared to my truck. My point was I got also crumby mileage with my Mazda 3 in my city due to all the hills. I only got 17.6 Miles/US Gallons on a 4 cylinder engine with a manual tranny in a relatively lightweight car, this is horrible.

And my wife's Honda Civic gets little better. Everyone I talk to, that actually maintain records where I live (and doesn't quote EPA numbers off the Window Sticker) claim the same thing ... our gas mileage is horrible where we live.

The reason is simple, our City "Planners" keep adding new traffic lights that are poorly timed (increased by 50% since I started working at my current job 4 years ago). I spend more time waiting at traffic lights than driving.

What I am interested in, is whether or not my mileage improves with my truck in pure city driving versus before.

PS: This is driving keeping a relatively light foot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Grim - it should get a little better as you get more miles. I find myself doing 75/25 city/highway in the am and all bit a short highway sprint (3 miles) in the afternoon after work. Hills included the way I go and I'm avg 17. (US gal) Mine has 55k on the ticker w/ 3.73's.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Grim - it should get a little better as you get more miles. I find myself doing 75/25 city/highway in the am and all bit a short highway sprint (3 miles) in the afternoon after work. Hills included the way I go and I'm avg 17. (US gal) Mine has 55k on the ticker w/ 3.73's.
I am optimistic that the PCB "flash" and loosening of the engine will help. Also, I am taking a trip to the Coast this weekend, and anxious to see what my mileage is on that trip.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am optimistic that the PCB "flash" and loosening of the engine will help. Also, I am taking a trip to the Coast this weekend, and anxious to see what my mileage is on that trip.
I forgot to mention, mine took about 10,000km to get better mileage. Our crappy Canadian fuel doesn't help either. Maybe try a higher octane like 91 with no ethanol if you have any of that out there, for a tank.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot to mention, mine took about 10,000km to get better mileage. Our crappy Canadian fuel doesn't help either. Maybe try a higher octane like 91 with no ethanol if you have any of that out there, for a tank.
funny you say this , i was getting better mil , when i was in hthe us on vacation , now that im home the gas mil. has change a little

1 - 15 of 15 Posts