F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can't see my signature, I have a 2013 xlt screw. 275/65 R18 was stock. I'm at the end of my 285/65 r18's life.

I like the look of a big jacked up truck, but I have to face the fact that 20k+ miles a year are on the highway, going 80 mph. So i believe in a great wet reaction set up.

305/60 r18 or 305/50 r20 is my stock diameter, I lost some stability when I either went taller or put a wider tire on a stock wheel. Looking to get wheels and tires.

IF YOU HAVE DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS PLEASE POST PICTURES OR LINK YOUR REVIEW. People are always quick to respond to Google or search and I have and not really found what I'm looking for.

What offset did you go with?
Did you level it, and how much? (considering bilstein)
If your tires stick out, do you get chipped paint?
Does the truck wonder on the road?
Do you drive fast on the highway and do you feel it handles well? More stable, or the same, or almost as good?

Thanks in advance!

I prefer the 18 look, but in those sizes there is a better tire selection in the 20. If you're a better Google 'r than me, please link it! Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?
I can find pictures, just not offsets and advice

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if this helps you, but these are 305/50/20’s on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does!!

What wheel and offset did you go with? Doesn't look like it sticks out much, yes? You get any paint scratches?
Did you level it?
How did it change the handling?
What tire did you go with?

Any regrets or things you might have done differently?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
It does!!

What wheel and offset did you go with? Doesn't look like it sticks out much, yes? You get any paint scratches?
Did you level it?
How did it change the handling?
What tire did you go with?

Any regrets or things you might have done differently?

The wheels are OEM 2016 sport 20’s. I’m not 100% sure ok offset, but believe they are +34.

I also have mud flaps, but with the street tires that are on them, they don’t really toss much for stones.

Truck is “leveled” with a set of Fox 2.5’s

These handle noticeably better than my off-road/winter set up and miles ahead of my OEM 18’s.

The tires are a Nitto 420s. I chose them for their street manners and grip in the summer. They seem to be a really good tire for the job.

If you’re trying to pick a tire that does it all, look at the fallen Wildpeak ATW

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
I thought Ford OEM rims for F150 have +44 offset for the past few years?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I was looking into wheels.
Offsets confuse me. I mean, I understand the concept, it's just that I have trouble visualizing if a +19 10" wheel will stick out more than a 8.5 stock wheel with a +44 offset.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truck is “leveled” with a set of Fox 2.5’s

These handle noticeably better than my off-road/winter set up and miles ahead of my OEM 18’s.

The tires are a Nitto 420s. I chose them for their street manners and grip in the summer. They seem to be a really good tire for the job.

If you’re trying to pick a tire that does it all, look at the fallen Wildpeak ATW

I have been looking at the wild peak. You not a lover of the nitto 420's? Are you buying them again?

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts

These wheel have more poke than other OEM wheels. Maybe the back spacing is different.

They seem to stick out very similar to the Raptor wheels I had. Those were +34 I think.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
I have been looking at the wild peak. You not a lover of the nitto 420's? Are you buying them again?

I probably should have been more clear. The 420s fit the bill exactly for what I wanted. They are a sport/street tire though and not many “truck” folks are after that kind of tire.

I have a set of KO2’s on 18’s for “truck” stuff.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What I am trying to find, is someone that went with a 10" wheel and the 305 50r20 tires and can say they love it. Someone who can confirm that it is a good set up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I stared at this a lot when trying to decide..

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I would stay with the 18's

My 2015

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I stared at this a lot when trying to decide..

Good find.
I saw that once before, but forgot about it and it really helps.
What did you go with, and how is the performance?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would stay with the 18's

My 2015

View attachment 164953
I like the 18s better, just looking at tire sizes, there are less to chose from.
What did you go with and what is the performance difference?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I like the 18s better, just looking at tire sizes, there are less to chose from.
What did you go with and what is the performance difference?

currently I have on my 19, 20x9 Venom rex 601 carbon graphite's wrapped in Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain 275/60-20's

But I will say the 18's (305/60/18s) coopers, ride better and with more side wall take the bumps better, these are what I had on my 15 below.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts