F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running 37s if so how does it feel. What gears do you have. Do you feel the need to change gears. Looking at getting 37x13.50-17

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok. My dealership sold an fx4 with 37s and 6" pro comp. but it was the v8 motor. I want to see how peoples real experience with the ecoboost and 37s is.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
No experience, but from my younger years building trucks a gear swap would be recommended even with a V-8.
That is a lot of rubber to turn with even a turbo V-6.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Check out bagged_expo's build, I believe he was planning on running 37's. I'd recommend at least 4.56's for 37's to still have some power. I ran 5.13's on my dodge with 44x21's and it had a little get up.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have 37's haven't got my truck back so don't know how it runs with them on. I have 3:73 and running 93 SCT tune. Hoping to be driving it this month. Have another buddy running 37's stock ecoboost with 3:55. It still moves, his gas mileage is about 15 around town 17 on hwy.He is getting a programmer soon so the mileage will get a little better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright thanks guys. I have 3.55s on mine so I know I would need a regear sometime. Just wondering how y'all are feeling it now. I had 37s and 3.73s in my jeep it wasn't to bad. But I just don't know how 3.55s will do.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Something's going to give with that big of a tire and such a small gear! Ether pay for a new tranny down the road or pay for gears now! Ether way money will be coming out of your pocket! Just my opinion but something I personally learned the hard way!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No gear swap had my tires on for 16k no problems sold my truck last week so now someone else will have to find out and see

1 - 12 of 12 Posts