F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

ive owned this truck going on 3 years now and did basic bolt ons just like normal f150s owner do but now I’m going to start getting serious about making power. I’m going to switch over to E85 this year and plan on upgrading my fuel system and turbos.

power mods currently:
[email protected] intake
5 star tuning 87/93
Res delete
4inch MBRP (not installed just picked up)
Rev9 fmic (waiting to deliver)

I document all my progress on YouTube so give that a check out also!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
412 Posts
Hello all,

ive owned this truck going on 3 years now and did basic bolt ons just like normal f150s owner do but now I’m going to start getting serious about making power. I’m going to switch over to E85 this year and plan on upgrading my fuel system and turbos.

power mods currently:
[email protected] intake
5 star tuning 87/93
Res delete

Sweet dude! I’m kinda working toward that goal eventually too. Something I’d highly recommend is a downpipe. 5star did that one 3.5L with 700hp and they had SPD catted downpipes. You should also do a bigger intercooler

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hello all,

power mods currently:
[email protected] intake
5 star tuning 87/93
Res delete

Downpipe should be on that list

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Agree on DP's. Other than that, CRP turbos should get you there no problem with the E85.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Nice build. Downpipes for sure.

I would drop that Rev9 for a CVF or Wagner IMO. That Rev9 is only about 5% bigger than the oem intercooler. Not only that but the end tanks do not look very smooth lol.

Besides that, I’m excited to see what this puppy does:cool:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hello all,

power mods currently:
[email protected] intake
5 star tuning 87/93
Res delete

I just watched your video. Nice work. I did this mod to my truck a while ago before I did my downpipe and Corsa exhaust, you’re right, I didn’t notice a difference in the cab. But, my mom drove my truck to the store once and as she drove away, I was standing outside watching and it sounded different, quite a bit different.
My recommendation is, get a catted downpipe and then keep your stock muffler with the resonator delete. I promise, you will love that sound. Gives it more turbo whistle, and it won’t be loud, if that’s what your aiming for. Me personally, I like these trucks loud. Haha

·
Registered
147 Posts
My thought is Cracked heads on a 2.7L Ecoboost is gonna get Costly with water running into turbos.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Support here is very nice I appreciate you guys! Well, I got around to installing the MBRP exhaust today! (Video will be out this week on that). Man the factory muffler section is kinda heavy but yourself! I was scared of the MBRP system cause a lot of people said how loud it was but honestly I’m pretty happy with it so far! I’m going to drop the back tail pipe section and either have it polished or just paint it black. I’m not sure yet.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wow! Support here is very nice I appreciate you guys! Well, I got around to installing the MBRP exhaust today! (Video will be out this week on that). Man the factory muffler section is kinda heavy but yourself! I was scared of the MBRP system cause a lot of people said how loud it was but honestly I’m pretty happy with it so far! I’m going to drop the back tail pipe section and either have it polished or just paint it black. I’m not sure yet. View attachment 171732
Looks good man! I have an MBRP 4” sitting behind my garage. Just wasn’t fond of the sound personally. I like the more throaty growling “diesel exhaust” but glad you like it, and you’re right it’s not too too loud. I like you’re wheel offset. But yeah, you totally need like some catted or catless downpipes.

Not to make you envious or be unkind about your exhaust setup, I think it’s great but check out the setup I have in this thread. There’s a few videos in this thread. I have the same year of truck and the same motor as you do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can someone point me in the right direction please. I just saw downpipes that are on the market place listed for a 3.5. Are the 3.5 and 2.7 the same? I know the catback systems are.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes they are indeed the same.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Catback is the same, but I think the downpipes are different and engine specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
234 Posts
Could be some brands are that way, I just went by AmericanTrucks and they have the same stainlessworks DP’s listed for both 3.5 and 2.7. But that’s the only place I looked.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Could be some brands are that way, I just went by AmericanTrucks and they have the same stainlessworks DP’s listed for both 3.5 and 2.7. But that’s the only place I looked.
Same part number?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lol getting mixed responses here
It’s kind of a weird thing, because some companies make it universal fit, others say they are engine specific. You just have to read up on it and see

1 - 20 of 62 Posts