F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Threw together a quick video of unboxing and seeing how it looks and some of the welds

Just a quick constructive note for you before the trolls on YouTube catch up, you’ve got the hot and cold sides mixed up in the video, also the intercooler will lower your charge air temps, not your ambient temps. Just want to help you succeed in the YouTube world, it’s a rough one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Just a quick constructive note for you before the trolls on YouTube catch up, you’ve got the hot and cold sides mixed up in the video, also the intercooler will lower your charge air temps, not your ambient temps. Just want to help you succeed in the YouTube world, it’s a rough one.
After watching you are correct I sure did. Appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
464 Posts
Reactions: 3guysgarage

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I'm in!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well picked the hatch up from my brothers house and figured I’d record a bit of data from towing with intake air temps for the video.... now I have to do the intercooler install and see if there is a difference

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I wonder what BCB is dynoing with their CRP turbo swapped 2.7. They've had one for a while.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is Casey's truck but he also is tuned for E50 500+, when running a 93 octane tune 425 RWHP. KM

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
One thing to anyone not keeping up with current automotive events. The downpipes are becoming scarce as well as some other performance mods thanks to EPA's new interpretations of existing laws. Some parts may be difficult to locate.
The video was from 3 years ago. KM

·
Registered
464 Posts
One thing to anyone not keeping up with current automotive events. The downpipes are becoming scarce as well as some other performance mods thanks to EPA's new interpretations of existing laws. Some parts may be difficult to locate.
The video was from 3 years ago. KM
Yeah. I noticed the SPD downpipe I bought just 6 months ago for 675$ is now 795$

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
Yeah. I noticed the SPD downpipe I bought just 6 months ago for 675$ is now 795$
That is probably due to metal prices going up. I've been shopping for tractor implements and steel carports lately and the prices are jumping tremendously due to increased cost of steel. The buildings are all a 20% surcharge now minimum over what I saw only a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
464 Posts
That is probably due to metal prices going up. I've been shopping for tractor implements and steel carports lately and the prices are jumping tremendously due to increased cost of steel. The buildings are all a 20% surcharge now minimum over what I saw only a couple of months ago.

Wow. I’d say anyone considering DPs should get em now

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Material cost is definitely rising. A lot of my customers have recently noticed a material surcharge on their invoices. That’s just how business is at the moment. Heck even wooden crates I order have gone up 30%. Its pretty crazy what this pandemic has done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Guys to stick to the build. Not that I’m against getting CR turbos because it looks like they flow great but is there another manufacturer for turbos? 3.5 obviously have multiple options but it’s looking like I’ll be fairly limited. Anyone?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts