F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought guys if these new tremors have 4:10 gears and seem to run really strong then I am thinking that us heavier guys with crew cabs and 4 wheel drive would definite see faster 1/4 mile times with them what your guys thoughts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Just a thought guys if these new tremors have 4:10 gears and seem to run really strong then I am thinking that us heavier guys with crew cabs and 4 wheel drive would definite see faster 1/4 mile times with them what your guys thoughts
3.31's seem to dominate at the track...

·
Registered
868 Posts
yea i think the taller gear keeps the engine down in the meat of the powerband longer between gears and spins less off the line

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand about the power band but it also takes more hp to pull those taller gears would like to see what a stock tremor with just a tune runs compared to our bigger trucks with the taller gears

·
Registered
101 Posts
I won't lie I have had serious launch issues with my tremor with minor mods. Double that with the fact it is 4x2. On the highway it dominates, but I would love to launch up against a heavier 4x4 with 3.31s and compare.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I was kinda bummed out that mine had 3:31 gears but this thread just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Thanks fellas

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
3.15 ftw! :D

Sent From The Back of The Pack!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I know on the titan forum I was on the higher geared trucks were consistently faster at the track than the lower geared trucks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Common sense and physics guys; same theories go all the way back to the 60s muscle cars and what they used for drag racing.. If you can get it to hook up, the 4.10s have got to be quicker, especially off the line. It might fall off a bit in the top end but shouldn't within a 1/4 mile.

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Common sense and physics guys; same theories go all the way back to the 60s muscle cars and what they used for drag racing.. If you can get it to hook up, the 4.10s have got to be quicker, especially off the line. It might fall off a bit in the top end but shouldn't within a 1/4 mile.
What did they have back then? Two or three speed transmissions?

The key is to have the fewest shifts, right? I'd say that puts money on the 3.15 guys...

·
Registered
195 Posts
If these trucks were naturally aspirated then yes, the more gear the better for the track. More to consider on a forced induction platform though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You have to see what gear and what rpm you hit the traps at... If youre going into overdrive thru the traps then you may wanna back down gear ratio numerically.. Acceleration falls off like a brick in overdrive...this will differ from truck to truck depending on power, tire size etc...

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
What did they have back then? Two or three speed transmissions?

The key is to have the fewest shifts, right? I'd say that puts money on the 3.15 guys...
Isn't that why the drag guys love the 2 speed powerglide?

Certified Internet Warrior. I once ctrl alt del'd a man to death.

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have 3.73's

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
No. They love the glides cus the aftermarket for them is awesome... They are a simple trans and can be built to hold a **** load of power
What about the turbo 350/400s?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
What about the turbo 350/400s?

As of late the 400 is becoming more popular with the high hp crowd... Im not talking your 500 hp hp stoplight terror. Im talking about 1200 hp race cars... The glide was the go to trans in this niche forever....and not because its a 2 speed. If anything thats a detriment

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Oh ok

1 - 20 of 34 Posts