F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to put an exhaust on my EB, went with a 4" aeroturbine...it sounds amazing at low end, like a little diesel lol and the turbos whistle nicely! But at high end the V6 sound comes out and it's a little too loud IMO, so this afternoon I am going to order a resonator for it...wish I could upload a video for you guys but I'm on my iPhone and it doesn't let me

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Put on YouTube first. Then copy URL. Gay. But it's the way.

eH

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also put a Livewire SCT tuner on it, and man this thing pulls amazing! Next mods are aFe oiled intake system and some downpipes!

·
Registered
244 Posts
One thing that will help is putting a tip on it and getting it out from under the truck. It will help with cab noise.

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Registered
244 Posts
You going to get an aero resonator?

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah man most likely...but I got a buddy that owns a muffler shop and I'm gonna see which one will sound best. I want to reduce the high-pitched V6 sound, but I wanna keep the turbo whistle lol so we're gonna try to see what works

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do you have an xl or the regular 4040?
I have a 3030xl and didn't get as much turbo whistle as I wanted with the stock resonator. Was thinking of gettin an aero resonator to put in place of the stock one

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have an xl or the regular 4040? I have a 3030xl and didn't get as much turbo whistle as I wanted with the stock resonator. Was thinking of gettin an aero resonator to put in place of the stock one 2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist
I have the regular 4040, the way to get a lot of turbo whistle is to remove the cats..well from what I know. I had a friend who had the same aero 4040 I have but he kept his cats and the turbos barely whistled

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did he keep the resonator?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Finally someone following me lol. I had the 4040 a million years ago. Catless with an mbrp resonator and still has rasp and interior sound. There's no aero 4" resonator. Only a 3". Idle to 4000 rpm you can't best the aero sound.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally someone following me lol. I had the 4040 a million years ago. Catless with an mbrp resonator and still has rasp and interior sound. There's no aero 4" resonator. Only a 3". Idle to 4000 rpm you can't best the aero sound.
How does it sound with the mbrp resonator?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the vids man! The downpipes make the turbos whistle even louder. All 3 videos have pretty good sounds though, we'll see how mine ends up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts