F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
these circles appear to be between the layers of glass,they won't rub off or clean off from inside or outside the truck. Depending on the light and temperature they come and go .Has anybody else seen these things ? I think they might be robot hand prints

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have the same thing although only 1. I assumed that it was a suction cup mark between the glass and the safety coating. I also think that it was caused by a robot suction cup used during manufacture. The one on my truck is directly in front of the drivers seat in my line of sight just slightly to the left of the drivers centerline. It doesn't bother me enough to complain yet, but come winter when the windows fog I am sure it will bug me more.

SPPD

·
Registered
537 Posts
This should be covered under warranty, however glass warranty does have much shorter warranty period than the initial bumper to bumper time frame. So if you want to get it taken care of, don't put it off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've seen that from a suction cup for a phone holder in one of our cars. No matter what I did I couldn't get it cleaned, fortunately it was in the middle. I quit using them after that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those are the suction cup marks from the machine that they use to install the glass at the factory. You can use a clay bar to get them off or some serious glass cleaner.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Some serious cleaner and some elbow grease. That is all that I can suggest.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ford has agreed to replace the windshield under warranty, The dealer tried to remove the circles but couldn't. The 5'' circles are most evident when it's cool outside and I turn on the heater. The windshield warms up and then they dissapear only to return later

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
these circles appear to be between the layers of glass,they won't rub off or clean off from inside or outside the truck. Depending on the light and temperature they come and go .Has anybody else seen these things ? I think they might be robot hand prints
DAMN! I was going to say "Very Small Alien Crop Circles".

·
Registered
360 Posts
I saw something similar to that in my back window. Should I try to clean it from the inside or the outside.?.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
That's the bottom of their space craft after they abandoned it.

Alan Mulally is just a robot with the aliens inside.

I read it on the Internet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
Grim Reaper
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing