F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I was looking at the Gibson dual exhaust myself. It is an aluminum setup but in TX I don't worry about it not being stainless. However it is offered in both dual pipes exiting at the factory exit point or straight back and exits under the rear bumper one pipe on each side.

I guess part of my thinking it that most aftermarket exhaust are 3.5 or 4". Where as the Gibson is 2.5" but with being duals that would equate to 5". However there maybe a downside in the fact that with being smaller exit pipes it may raise the pitch of the exhaust. I guess worse case would be that I'm out $349 and a couple of hours installation time?
2 2.5" pipes would be close to a single 3.5" I think a 4" is way to big for the kind of power these trucks are puti g down. For an otherwise ztock trucka single 3 would be more than adequate. A single 3 would support somewhere around 500 hp and 3.5 would do at least 700.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Infront of the axle would eliminate several feet of pipe and 180º of bends. However it would be noticably louder Inside the cab. Both exiting on one side would sound better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.