F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just returned from a 4000 mile trip to Texas & Louisiana. I have been waiting to evaulate the Andersen No Sway WDH & the Roadmaster Active suspension (RAS) since late last summer. I am impressed and happy with the Andersen & the RAS. My truck and trailer were much more stable than last year when I was using a spring bar WDH and no RAS. We traveled through some pretty strong side winds on I-57 in Illinois. The truck and trailer were very manageable. Last year I was somewhat uncomfortable while towing in strong winds. Thanks to SPPD for getting me set up with the Andersen Hitch.

I am towing a 27 foot travel trailer which weighs in at about 8000#. Averaged 10 mpg.

Every time I drive my "Boostie" I like it more.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Nice Wayne! Hope you had a great time :)

Black Sheep of the Family

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
good review! Glad your trip was safe

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that, the shudder from a dead stop is almost all gone too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I forgot to mention that, the shudder from a dead stop is almost all gone too.
That's what i am hoping for too! I just ordered my RAS today and am still shopping for our new trailer....looking at 5th wheels as primary option.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out the Flagstaff/Rockwood Classic Super Light fifth wheels. We are now pulling a Flagstaff 8528IKWS. This truck & trailer combination is really working great for us.

·
Registered
437 Posts
How are the duellers working? Going to be shopping for some more tow friendly tires soon. And picking up my Andersen on Tuesday. Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
140 Posts
just installed my Anderson hitch today and my RAS showed up from the big brown truck. I will install them tomorrow night.....sign for my trailer on Saturday! Open range Light LF319RLS

Anderson Ultimate 3200.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the same hitch and love it. Lighter but strong. I am able to turn mine around and still clear cab. By turning it around it puts more weight on the front axle making my weights come out perfect. Total weight 13.900 lbs with Rockwood 8280.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the same hitch and love it. Lighter but strong. I am able to turn mine around and still clear cab. By turning it around it puts more weight on the front axle making my weights come out perfect. Total weight 13.900 lbs with Rockwood 8280.
Great to hear....I will weight my setup and then flip the hitch and see how much it transfers to the front axle......

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How are the duellers working? Going to be shopping for some more tow friendly tires soon. And picking up my Andersen on Tuesday. Thanks for the report!

I like the Duellers. I had two sets on my previous truck and I think they are a great tire.

Reactions: andrewscag

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here is my new Open Range LF319RLS hooked up with my Anderson 3200 hitch and Roadmaster active suspension. The trailer pin weight is 1240 (dry) and curb weight (dry) is 8820. The RAS is set to the 2mm (black disc) and the rear is still about 1" higher than the front of the truck as seen in the picture. Should be just about right when fully loaded for a camping trip.

IMG_0811.JPG

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is it really camping anymore, when your trailer has every amenity your home has?

Nice setup tho.
haha...good point. We haven't gone out in it yet so it hasn't kicked in yet that we now have a home away from home. Our previous TT was a 2006 Aljo 253-LTD. Very cramped inside and just the basics...no bells and whistles. This was a major upgrade.....can't wait to get it out on it's maiden voyage in a couple of weeks. We always start our camping season by going to Bruno Dunes State park on Spring break to test everythging out and make sure we are set for the summer.....it is the closest place that isn't still covered in snow or the roads are impassible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts