Premium Member
4,508 Posts
And Larz the Raptor?

So everybody is 3.5TT'ing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
I can just imagine how much fun it would be to have the power under my Big Heavy F150 on 35's under the hood of something a couple of thousand pounds lighter and lighter unsprung pieces on all four corners.

It'd be a rocket!
That's why I don't drive the wife's Explorer too much... I'd be in jail. It hits triple digits (only on the track, of course) in impressive times for a bone stock vehicle.

If I had the spare coin sitting around, I'd upgrade her to the 2020... it's a 3.0EB, but the engine is mounted the right way and it becomes a body-on-frame RWD/AWD vehicle again... not the current FWD/AWD unibody. Oh, and in the MSP testing, the PI version spanked the AWD Hemi Charger... on everything. Since that version gets rid of the fragile PTU, it would likely be more receptive to tuning as well.

·
Premium Member
4,508 Posts
I can think of all kinds of vehicles I would love to "shoehorn" the 3.5 into. :)

Heck, even the 2.7 would be a screamer in a few well balanced chassis.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Makes me want to go take advantage of the local 14k off a CC F150 ECO and get a 17-18 ECO!!!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
This was the most fun I've had since getting my Boost!
This 90` SHO... kicked a lot of as*
5speed....50 series rubber Thunderbird rims, Koni shocks, Huntington Beach Cali SHO SHOP performance parts!
I wouldn't mind a SHO 3.5 Boost....problem is I believe Ford has dropped the SHO for 2020?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,508 Posts
This was the most fun I've had since getting my Boost!
This 90` SHO... kicked a lot of as*
5speed....50 series rubber Thunderbird rims, Koni shocks, Huntington Beach Cali SHO SHOP performance parts!
I wouldn't mind a SHO 3.5 Boost....problem is I believe Ford has dropped the SHO for 2020?

I believe Yamaha engineered that motor in that SHO. That car, when it first arrived on showroom floors was a stunner.

Hard to believe anything that was so fresh could look so dated now.

Note: I was hooliganning around in an SVO Mustang with those adjustable Koni's back then. Also my first car with adjustable tune based on octane. Ford had a toggle switch on the dash.

I had so much fun and got in a fair amount of trouble with law enforcement in that car.

I've slowed way down since then. That car begged for triple digit cruising.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Snake.....OMG, I was soooo close to pulling the trigger on a Black 85` SVO>one of my biggest regret!
I test drive ome back in the day-Wow, I was hooked!
In fact that car could dust the Corvette; Camaro, V8 Stang etc...of that year-period.
Love, love the SVO.

·
Premium Member
4,508 Posts
Yea, it wasn't the best Era for fast cars. The Corvette was like 180bhp. Very sad times.

But Ford shows up with this turbocharged 2.3 (a pre-vision of the Ecoboost future? Lol) They were fixing to wake the fast car world back up.

But what made me buy it was it was basically a Mustang with about $8,000 worth of Suspension! (probably not accurate, but I did the simple comparison of an $18k Mustang compared to the regular $10,000 Mustangs) Regardless, at that time that was the most incredible handling car I had ever experienced.

Oh, and those 16" rims were extreme! Sucked though because my brother road-rashed one and my wife broke one when she got a flat and both times it cost me $350 bucks.

You do realize how much $350 was in 84?

I lived even further from the city back then so I commuted 126 miles round trip. I often was leaving before sun-up and got home after normal work hours. There was a fairly long section of rural road that had very little traffic. I hit 126mph every day, twice!

And if that wasn't a formidable enough addiction, there was also a short section with a crossing crown in the road and at about 70mph you could get air!

I busted those front koni's twice doing that. Lol

Koni's had lifetime warranty and they replaced both of them both times.

If we hadn't moved, I would have either gone to jail or busted that car up eventually.

Never had one problem with it. Absolutely ran the heck out of it. Finally traded it in for an F250 gasser. And my truck life began. Uninterrupted to this day.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
And remember.....no factory cruise -lol, but who cares >right: thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,508 Posts
No cruise. But factory tune toggle switch for premium. (you can't really read the labels. But toggle on the right)

Mine was Red

·
Premium Member
4,508 Posts
If I’m not mistaken, it was Yamaha the piano company, not Yamaha the motorcycle company.

edit: never mind. I was blindly misinformed.
edit2: never mind. the Yamaha corporation owns it all.
Yamaha is an amazing company. Although there are lots of products with their logo placed on it, thus most consumers would see them as any other manufacturer, I could argue that it would be more accurate to think of Yamaha as an engineering house. It's certainly a fair representation of the real prowess behind that tuning forks emblem.

They are influencial in products all over the world that their emblem is NOT on, as well as those they design AND manufacture.

I wish I had as much confidence in other brands/products as I do in Yamaha's.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Yamaha is an amazing company. Although there are lots of products with their logo placed on it, thus most consumers would see them as any other manufacturer, I could argue that it would be more accurate to think of Yamaha as an engineering house. It's certainly a fair representation of the real prowess behind that tuning forks emblem.

They are influencial in products all over the world that their emblem is NOT on, as well as those they design AND manufacture.

I wish I had as much confidence in other brands/products as I do in Yamaha's.

You bet! I used to be a boat mechanic. Back in early 2000’s Mercury had four strokes at several power levels that had powerheads that actually came from Yamaha. I went to a Yamaha class to learn about them, lol. The fun twist was that the heads and valve train in them were from Ford....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yamaha actually had a hand in the recent SHO taurus (i believe they did the OG ecoboost for ford)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
13 Participants
BigPhatPaulie
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing