F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '16 with the 3.5 EB and 3.55 locking rear axle. I did a 4" BDS with a 20x10 wheel and 33x12.50 Ridge Grappler. I kept the factory Coil over set up which is fine on road and towing. I didn't notice any difference in performance or ride quality running empty or towing but the extra clearance has been nice off road. My mileage has averaged between 15 and 16 Mpg. Before the lift, tires and wheels I averaged 17 - 18 mpg. I do notice the extra weight and width of the tire and wheel set up but the truck rides pretty much identical to stock otherwise. I get a little rubbing at full lock as the suspension cycles (mostly in reverse). Don't waste your money on gearing. You could easily run a 35" tire without a noticable decrease in performance.

I have run this set up for 50k miles with no issues but plan to switch to the Fox coil overs in the next year as I have felt the ride quality change in the last 10-15k miles. I like the adjustability of that system. I'm also planning to bump up the tire size to a 35. I just haven't decided if I'll go to a narrower wheel or remove the crash bars to make them fit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Leveled using Fox 2.5 coilovers. (about a 2" lift to get level) and Icon UCA's.

I'm running almost 35" (34.8) on OEM King Ranch 20's. (required ~18mm of spacer to clear Brembo calipers)

No rubbing of any kind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Did you ever run it in that configuration without the brembos and spacers. If yes did you have any rubbing.

I want to run raptor tires but prefer no lift so was curious if just a level would work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Did you ever run it in that configuration without the brembos and spacers. If yes did you have any rubbing.

I want to run raptor tires but prefer no lift so was curious if just a level would work.

Yes, the level went on at the same time as the KO2's.

The Brembos and spacers were a bit later. Not a long time, but enough to know if clearance issues were exhibited.

Keep in mind that they are not 12.5" wide.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, the level went on at the same time as the KO2's.

The Brembos and spacers were a bit later. Not a long time, but enough to know if clearance issues were exhibited.

Keep in mind that they are not 12.5" wide.

I am sure it is in here somewhere but I couldn't find your tire size.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts