F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '16 with the 3.5 EB and 3.55 locking rear axle. I did a 4" BDS with a 20x10 wheel and 33x12.50 Ridge Grappler. I kept the factory Coil over set up which is fine on road and towing. I didn't notice any difference in performance or ride quality running empty or towing but the extra clearance has been nice off road. My mileage has averaged between 15 and 16 Mpg. Before the lift, tires and wheels I averaged 17 - 18 mpg. I do notice the extra weight and width of the tire and wheel set up but the truck rides pretty much identical to stock otherwise. I get a little rubbing at full lock as the suspension cycles (mostly in reverse). Don't waste your money on gearing. You could easily run a 35" tire without a noticable decrease in performance.

I have run this set up for 50k miles with no issues but plan to switch to the Fox coil overs in the next year as I have felt the ride quality change in the last 10-15k miles. I like the adjustability of that system. I'm also planning to bump up the tire size to a 35. I just haven't decided if I'll go to a narrower wheel or remove the crash bars to make them fit.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts