F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,805 Posts
Modern engines and vehicles for quite some time now are made to start em up and go.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Broken piston's are part of a description of LSPI, low speed pre-ignition. Common in DI engines. Not necessarily the tune, more often oil volitility and use in boost at low constant RPM. Look into LSPI it may be more relevant that the tune used. KM

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Broken piston's are part of a description of LSPI, low speed pre-ignition. Common in DI engines. Not necessarily the tune, more often oil volitility and use in boost at low constant RPM. Look into LSPI it may be more relevant that the tune used. KM
You’re not wrong about LSPI destroying pistons . However, there are tables specifically designed to combat LSPI. Albeit, very conservative tables since they designed the motor to run on 87.

Many tuners raise those tables as they see it as one of the “torque limiters”. If LSPI were the cause, then the tune was 100% the culprit.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
LSPI is as much caused by low RPM heavy loading, oil choice, fuel choice, as much as tune, so the tune is not 100% the cause. KM

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I never have warmed up any of my vehicles.
Nor do i. I give them 10-15 seconds to get the blood pumping and then i am gently on my way till they warm up. My neighbor lets his 2014ish cummins idle for like 20 minutes every morning in the winter and it's gotta be terrible for it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Nor do i. I give them 10-15 seconds to get the blood pumping and then i am gently on my way till they warm up. My neighbor lets his 2014ish cummins idle for like 20 minutes every morning in the winter and it's gotta be terrible for it.
That‘s exactly what I do. I think it was a thing with a carburetor. Even though I got my Holley carb dialed in good for California winters I’m not sure how it would work this morning in Utah now I’m living here, as everything was frozen.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If you're getting a warranty replacement on a motor that was tuned, I don't think I would be discussing this in an online forum. Just my .02

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a tow tune and was towing the race car and trailer on flat ground. I didn't have the 2012 Ecoboost in Tow mode cus I didn't like the downhill downshifts. Blew the skirts off #5 and took out a turbo. I think the tune put in tooo much boost right off idle

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I had a tow tune and was towing the race car and trailer on flat ground. I didn't have the 2012 Ecoboost in Tow mode cus I didn't like the downhill downshifts. Blew the skirts off #5 and took out a turbo. I think the tune put in tooo much boost right off idle
5star as well?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts