5star2017v3.jpg

This think looks crazy.

How many out there are running it?

Can you discribe/review it.

@biglipps66

·
Premium Member
7,347 Posts
I don't know what V I'm running. They are whatever V 5* was sending at Christmas weekend.

I only know I freaking LOVE how this truck runs. It's a cold nasty wet day. I'm in AWD and sport mode on 93 tow tune. The truck has so much BITE and gets that power to the ground in a way that just doesn't seem possible. (OEM Goodyears on 20's) I love this truck

·
Premium Member
7,347 Posts
By the way, I ran the pure 93 performance tune for a few days. It was a bit tiring to be honest. I describe it as "angry" all the time. It's FUN, but always on its toes.

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe @5star can explain how they achieved these numbers vs previous versions of the tune.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Reactions: TX-Ripper

·
Premium Member
7,347 Posts
I don't know the numbers since I only have the seat-dyno to go by.
But if those are impressive numbers and my 18 running 93 is actually mirroring them, then it maybe explains my enthusiasm?

I'm telling ya, the truck is strong. It's horribly addicting. It really does need brakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Fx4 with 60k miles last week. I'm putting in new plugs gapped to. 030 this week and have an sct tuner from 5* ordered with their 87 per/tow, 91 perf/tow and 91 performance tune. I'll update with my impressions.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Fx4 with 60k miles last week. I'm putting in new plugs gapped to. 030 this week and have an sct tuner from 5* ordered with their 87 per/tow, 91 perf/tow and 91 performance tune. I'll update with my impressions.
Make sure you try the 91 performance tune last otherwise you may not try the lower octanes haha

Also make sure to data log it and send to them for review and ask for any changes you’d like (throttle tip in, shifting...)
If all looks good they will add more power to....if you want more that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure you will be happy, but you will not see the numbers the 2017+ 3.5s are getting.

·
Registered
56 Posts

My first tunes I bought were 5*. This was in the year 2013, ran them for about 4-5 months then started to venture out and never went back. I’m sure they are a lot better now then back then. Really good tunes, just very conservative back then. I’m glad to see they are getting into the all out performance tuning market.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
My first tunes I bought were 5*. This was in the year 2013, ran them for about 4-5 months then started to venture out and never went back. I’m sure they are a lot better now then back then. Really good tunes, just very conservative back then. I’m glad to see they are getting into the all out performance tuning market.
They are unbelievably better now compared to back then...**** even a year ago.
For the 12th and 13th gens

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are unbelievably better now compared to back then...**** even a year ago

Awesome, today I looked into getting a 2017+ so if I ever do I’ll be sure to give them a try again.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Missed the quote!

The first v2.1 tune I had didn't actually feel as strong as the perf/tow I was running, I was sent another tune to replace it and that cleared up the lack of power, it seemed to sound like they knew what I was talking about. We'll call the new one v2.2

I can't speak for the 93 v3 tune as I'm running the 91 v3, BUT, I can tell you there is a noticeable difference between their v2.2 and v3 tune. The v2.2 had a super hard shift between 1st and 2nd gear when you were rolling slow and not trying to accelerate fast. The v3 cleaned up the shifting and was the first thing I noticed. The response is insane on the v3, it's definitely a "performance only" tune. It hits 18.5psi very quickly and from what I can it holds strong (have to watch the road, haven't done any logged pulls yet). When you're wide open, it holds near red line and continues to pull pretty strong up top.

I'm working on getting some additional mods shortly and plan to find a dyno somewhere here for hard numbers. I plan on comparing the 91 perf/tow and v3 perf only. (tunes supporting the mods of course)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts