F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed my 92 Perf/Tow 5-Star tune with the Ngauge. This is my first tune using 5 Star.
(A misunderstanding created this post. Thanks. ) Yes I take responsibility. ( EDITED)

·
Registered
2014 Ingot Silver SCrew FX4 MaxTow
103 Posts
You should feel the difference immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
What year truck?

Ant there should be a immediately noticeable felt difference of stock...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
15 2.7 3.73 Elock 55,000 miles. 2wd 20" stock SCAB

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
You sure the tune flashed?

There should be a noticeable difference in drive-ability, peak power and low end torque.

Ive got tunes from 4 tuners and 5Star is my favorite i would say.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Even my 'MPG' tune is more aggressive than stock so I would have to guess that the tune didn't actually install.

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
Everything you describe is that your pcm didn't flash.

You'll definitely see the auto stop/start OFF light. You can consider that as your indication of success. (assuming 5* did include it in the tune. It would be quite the coincidence if they forgot)

As for not getting the number of tunes you purchased, surely all you have to do is ask for the additional tune? 5* has quite the reputation for being above and beyond on customer service. Your complaint is not the norm.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just installed my 92 Perf/Tow 5-Star tune with the Ngauge. This is my first time using 5 Star and Absolutely NOT Impressed. For Starters I paid for 5 tunes and only received 4. I asked for the Start/Stop to be turned off. It was Not. I took my Truck for a good test drive. There is 0 difference. Nothing! Hard shift still there, the horrible throttle lag, hanging up in gears. Sounds like Stock. I have been researching tunes for a couple of years now on this Forum. 5 star is raved about. But as of right now, I don't see it. Is there something wrong with the Tunes? Should I feel the difference right away? I even checked the Ngauge it said I was running the 92 Perf/Tow tune. I have read on here, it may take a few days for computer to learn how I drive?
But, there should be some differences, immediately. Correct????
What device are you using to flash? Try hooking up to a battery tender while doing that. If voltage drops it can cancel the upload and worse case cause a bricked ecu

·
Banned
316 Posts
You will know the difference. I have been driving stock for a month to get smogged, and flashed my 91 perf tune yesterday and the difference is unmistakable. I don't think it is flashing the tune. My trans shifts immaculate on the tune. My tow tune is not as aggressive but still VERY noticeable.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2020 Leadfoot Lariat
21 Posts
Think I got a bad tank of gas yesterday (has winter gas arrived in the northeast?) so I pulled my 93 perf tune and went back to the stock file.

·
Registered
2020 Leadfoot Lariat
21 Posts
Not to insult your intelligence. but my ngauge takes approx 6 minutes to load a tune and you can watch the progress bar while it loads. How long did yours take to flash? Maybe something didn't load correctly?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to insult your intelligence. but my ngauge takes approx 6 minutes to load a tune and you can watch the progress bar while it loads. How long did yours take to flash? Maybe something didn't load correctly?
It took 8 minutes to load. I have communicated with 5 star. They sent a revision to my 92 perf/tow. I will flash it in the morning.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything you describe is that your pcm didn't flash.

You'll definitely see the auto stop/start OFF light. You can consider that as your indication of success. (assuming 5* did include it in the tune. It would be quite the coincidence if they forgot)

As for not getting the number of tunes you purchased, surely all you have to do is ask for the additional tune? 5* has quite the reputation for being above and beyond on customer service. Your complaint is not the norm.

I have communicated with 5 star. They sent a revised 92 perf/tow with my 92 Perf and turned off ST/SP. I will flash them in the morning and I have high hopes for a good Tune. Thanks

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I have communicated with 5 star. They sent a revised 92 perf/tow with my 92 Perf and turned off ST/SP. I will flash them in the morning and I have high hopes for a good Tune. Thanks
Well

Reactions: justanengineer

·
Registered
2020 Leadfoot Lariat
21 Posts
Think I got a bad tank of gas yesterday (has winter gas arrived in the northeast?) so I pulled my 93 perf tune and went back to the stock file.
Huge drop in power and responsiveness going back from the 93 tune to stock. You don't realize how much the tune changes the entire driving experience until you lose it. I'm having some recent issues with erratic OAR and lots of +KR. Had a "Check Manual" warning and lovely little wrench icon pop up on the display a few days ago while merging onto the highway under light/medium throttle. Hope it's bad gas or maybe a spark plug issue? Not looking to jack the thread. May need to start a new thread to elicit some advice if it doesn't clear up soon! I'm away from home and tools at the moment but want to pull plugs to see if something is up. Checked for trouble codes and there are none. The wrench icon went away after a restart. Pinging is still there on my 91 perf/tow, highlander adaptive and stock tune...although to a lesser extent on stock.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,645 Posts
That dataloggin crap would make me nuts. This forum makes a feller paranoid enough. Ain't doin it. I don't wanna know. It runs good. Never gets hot even when it's hot. Tranny is sometimes quirky. I don't care. Too much lag at times. Used to it. Speedo is off a tad. I have Speedo app. Been a real good truck and if it ain't been, I can't tell and don't wanna know. Real fine ride. I get compliments often. Real good pickup.

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
That dataloggin crap would make me nuts. This forum makes a feller paranoid enough. Ain't doin it. I don't wanna know. It runs good. Never gets hot even when it's hot. Tranny is sometimes quirky. I don't care. Too much lag at times. Used to it. Speedo is off a tad. I have Speedo app. Been a real good truck and if it ain't been, I can't tell and don't wanna know. Real fine ride. I get compliments often. Real good pickup.
Ummmmm, I ain't buying it. You are SO ready to drink some kool-aid. The temptation has been growing since you crashed this party.

Besides, it's the information age. The ODB port is the portal to all knowledge.

Reactions: Blown F-150
1 - 20 of 47 Posts