F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I am going to go out on a limb and say it was not loaded correctly.

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,646 Posts
Slllooowwwllly getting thru the warranty period. I might have one of the best Gen 1's.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
805 Posts
He ran his mouth a bit much on the F150Forum (gee, he emailed them after COB and they didn't reply within an hour of their opening time the next morning... the horror!) and got called out. He may be butthurt.
I was a little annoyed he decided to badmouth a reputable tuner after receiving the base tune and not reaching out to them first. Then I saw the exact same post on the other forum as well as complaining about not instantly getting an email response back. Maybe it's a bit immaturity and maybe a bit lack of experience.
Im always courteous to my waiter because among other things I don't want them spitting in my food. So when it comes to the people tuning my truck.... I would probably give them every opportunity to fix the situation before running to a forum. Either way I hope he gets it worked out cuz everyone should be stoked on their truck and when you get a tune dialed in its a great feeling.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I'm an avid member of the Miata forum.

Although it's a bit of a different crowd, the average behavior is quite similar. In fact, the equivalent tuner-thread over there has post after post of happy customers and lots of goodwill towards the folks that make up the small company that provides the magic. Yet every once in a while, a new fella will show up and read I guess just enough of the thread to coax him to purchase. Then the next day they are complaining that it's been several hours since they ordered their tune and they haven't gotten a response!

Then express their disappointment.

Lots of eye rolls. Lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I have no complaints with my 2013.
Ditto. And mine has been modified and tuned shortly after I got it.

Some minor issues (biggest pain being the manifolds ... and now starting again).

But other than that, it's been a great running truck. And modified/tuned, a reasonably powerful truck

Now, if I could only get the idiots from stop running into my truck while it's parked in my driveway, I would be ecstatic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Yes, flashed revised 92 Perf/Tow. ASS is still on! Though the tune itself it a lot better. Wife and I went on a 150 mile Interstate ride yesterday. My 2.7 is a complete Beast on the Interstate. I may not have any 0-60 mph pulls, or even 30 to 100 pull. But, I do have a few 70mph to 105/110mph pulls. Pulls like a MULE! Shifts are straight Butter. Now that's Living! Impressed with the revised tune at highway speeds.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What device are you using to flash? Try hooking up to a battery tender while doing that. If voltage drops it can cancel the upload and worse case cause a bricked ecu
N-Gauge

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
OP......just ask email or call Josh!
Problem solved.
My Gen 1 is 5* Only Tuned
You definitely need to grab the..."Jesu* Bar" once strapped in 😊
View attachment 168735

No smoking pot pics allowed, pic removed.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Curious to hear an update from Liv'nbytheBungie74.
I received 2 revised Tunes 92 Perf/tow and 92 Perf. Both still have the ASS turned on. I don't understand it. But, that being said the Revised 92 Perf/tow is much better. Wife and I went on a 150 Mile trip Saturday. My 2.7 was a straight Beast very pleased with its Higway speed performance. Flashed the 92 Perf tune saturday night, more what I was looking for.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I'm an avid member of the Miata forum.

Although it's a bit of a different crowd, the average behavior is quite similar. In fact, the equivalent tuner-thread over there has post after post of happy customers and lots of goodwill towards the folks that make up the small company that provides the magic. Yet every once in a while, a new fella will show up and read I guess just enough of the thread to coax him to purchase. Then the next day they are complaining that it's been several hours since they ordered their tune and they haven't gotten a response!

Then express their disappointment.

Lots of eye rolls. Lol

And sometimes people assume they know what there talking about. But, in actually there just talking. Thanks for your evaluation. I actually waited 6 days for my Tunes from 5 Star. Knowledge of Facts is Power.
Try it.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
And sometimes people assume they know what there talking about. But, in actually there just talking. Thanks for your evaluation. I actually waited 6 days for my Tunes with 0 communication from 5 Star. Knowledge of Facts is Power.
Try it.
I have no reason to not believe you. But whether you agree or not, your experience is VERY unlike many numerous others that are documented on this very forum.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I have no reason to not believe you. But whether you agree or not, your experience is VERY unlike many numerous others that are documented on this very forum.

Agreed.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
And sometimes people assume they know what there talking about. But, in actually there just talking. Thanks for your evaluation. I actually waited 6 days for my Tunes with 0 communication from 5 Star. Knowledge of Facts is Power.
Try it.
Now that you have a tuning device, you should consider other tuners. Now tunes are cheap.

FYI, Torrie McPhail @ Unleashed Tuning is known for his rapid reply. I have never waited more than a few hours to receive n tune or revision from Torrie.

Torrie is my personal favorite (I tried a number back when I first got my truck). Through his revisions, Torrie has produced a number of powerful tunes for me (see signature) ... and that is an old dyno run. I found an inexpensive solution to the crap gas we have where I live, and now that Torrie has tweaked my tune for this, I suspect my truck produces significantly more than my last dyno run. I will know next Spring when I make an appointment (Winter is setting in where I live, and I minimize my long distance driving in Winter).

But there are also a number of other tuners that they can recommend to you. A lot of guys like Gear Head Tuning with their Adaptive Tunes. Others like MPT as well as 5*.
And I can NEVER forget @Boostking . He does fantastic tunes (though I haven't yet tried them ... but I do plan to in the future).

Other than @Boostking, I have tried all of those, and I ended up preferring Torrie, because of his FAST revision response time. I could make a major mechanical modification and over the weekend, Torrie could get it dialed in (and keep tweaking), thanks to Torrie's quick response time. I found other tuners were not quite that accommodating OR they wanted extra $$$.

But, I am glad you got your truck all tuned and you are now happy. I am just giving you a suggestion, for a few bucks more (now that you own a tuning device) to possibly get happier.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I can kind of understand the objection, although a bit brutal. Lol

But 5* is an example of Capitalism and I'm guessing the shift in product/service/pricing is more complicated than that.

But I do agree that they probably regret the negative press, regardless of backstory. Fortunately on this forum they shouldn't worry much. They have considerable equity yet.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I belong to the 5* FB page and I would charge too. 5* star has become very popular in the past 2 years. It aint gonna be the same as when they were smaller. Personally I don't mind paying for their service, but how long do you continue trying to keep people happy?
I think you just got your real answer ... 5* became popular and now they have the client base size where they can do it.

I recall when 5* first came to this forum (sometime in 2014) as it was the FIRST (and only) tuner who would warranty your engine provided you only installed their tune with limits on the modifications.

Of course, at that time, 5*s Performance Tune wasn't quite as powerful as some of the other tuners, but they also didn't have incidences of blowing up motors as some other tuners. Over the years, from what I am hearing from others, 5*s tunes have come a long way, especially on the on the Gen 2s.

Their Tow tunes have been considered one of the best tunes, even back in 2014 and highly recommended.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
5Star sponsors TFL truck who has almost a million subscribers on Youtube and many more times that in regular viewers. They definitely get some business these days.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Still rocking my rev 3 87 Perf tow tune. Still love it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Now that you have a tuning device, you should consider other tuners. Now tunes are cheap.

FYI, Torrie McPhail @ Unleashed Tuning is known for his rapid reply. I have never waited more than a few hours to receive n tune or revision from Torrie.

Torrie is my personal favorite (I tried a number back when I first got my truck). Through his revisions, Torrie has produced a number of powerful tunes for me (see signature) ... and that is an old dyno run. I found an inexpensive solution to the crap gas we have where I live, and now that Torrie has tweaked my tune for this, I suspect my truck produces significantly more than my last dyno run. I will know next Spring when I make an appointment (Winter is setting in where I live, and I minimize my long distance driving in Winter).

But there are also a number of other tuners that they can recommend to you. A lot of guys like Gear Head Tuning with their Adaptive Tunes. Others like MPT as well as 5*.
And I can NEVER forget @Boostking . He does fantastic tunes (though I haven't yet tried them ... but I do plan to in the future).

Other than @Boostking, I have tried all of those, and I ended up preferring Torrie, because of his FAST revision response time. I could make a major mechanical modification and over the weekend, Torrie could get it dialed in (and keep tweaking), thanks to Torrie's quick response time. I found other tuners were not quite that accommodating OR they wanted extra $$$.

But, I am glad you got your truck all tuned and you are now happy. I am just giving you a suggestion, for a few bucks more (now that you own a tuning device) to possibly get happier.
Thank You. I will do that. 2nd version of 92 Perf/tow is nice, but that 92 Perf. Is on Point. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I can kind of understand the objection, although a bit brutal. Lol

But 5* is an example of Capitalism and I'm guessing the shift in product/service/pricing is more complicated than that.

But I do agree that they probably regret the negative press, regardless of backstory. Fortunately on this forum they shouldn't worry much. They have considerable equity yet.

It's all been resolved. A misunderstanding on my part. A lack of explanation on there part. We were saying same things just different ways. I have my 5 Tunes all, ASS off. 92 perf/tow and 92 perf are on there 2nd version. 2.7 PULLS LIKE A MULE.

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You sure the tune flashed?

There should be a noticeable difference in drive-ability, peak power and low end torque.

Ive got tunes from 4 tuners and 5Star is my favorite i would say.
Yes, its all been resolved. Thank You.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts