1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
4,077 Posts
Honestly?

They TRASH fuel mileage.
Get one. You'll see why.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
But it's not necessarily the actual programing of the tune that trashes the mileage is it? But more so, the enthusiastic driver driver who is so excited about the increased performance that they can't stay out of the throttle/boost? LOL

·
Administrator
10,102 Posts
I have yet to have a tune be able to net mileage any better than stock. Even "economy" tunes. Maybe get about as good but be more fun.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saved me some money. Thanks. I'm happy with the performance as is and I don't want to go backward with MPG. Maybe if I needed more towing power it would be worth it. But it pulls my 7400 lb. trailer just fine. Better than fine. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Administrator
10,102 Posts
You're very welcome. Even folks who report mpg gains are maybe 1 or 2. At $400+ for a device and a tune or two that will take forever to wash out.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I recently got an economy tune from 5 star. It actually wasn't too bad, albeit I was driving conservative to see how good of mileage I could get.
I got right around 3-4 mpgs better then stock driving the same way, probably closer to 3.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
With both the Gearhead and MPT tunes, my mileage is a tad better with driving habits staying the same.

The dash liar said 11.4 L/ 100 KMS stock and with both tunes I am in the 10.6-10.8 range. (1-2 MPG)

Not much but it is what it is.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Just saved me some money. Thanks. I'm happy with the performance as is and I don't want to go backward with MPG. Maybe if I needed more towing power it would be worth it. But it pulls my 7400 lb. trailer just fine. Better than fine. Thanks for the feedback.
You only go backwards with mpg when you put your foot into it. My truck's mpg is no worse tuned than stock when driving normal.
You have no idea what you're missing out on. Ain't no going back for this guy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts