F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Been excellent for me, both customer service many times and the tunes.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Excellent support for me. I haven't heard anything bad. They wouldn't be a supporting vendor here if they weren't

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made the mistake of buying a new x4 from Amazon for $300 thinking I was saving money and wouldn't need a custom tune. Now I want 3 from 5 star and realize I could have got X4 with 3 tunes from 5 star for $400.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
In fact....I called up 5* today and spoke with Chris.
Asked him to send over a revised custom 91 P/T with some adjustable parameters-no problem.
Their also working on getting rid, or at least making so you dont have to switch off the traction control every time you start your truck....wooohooo.
They've pretty much got it done for the 5.0....close on the 3.5!
They have been frickin super to work with.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Asked him to send over a revised custom 91 P/T with some adjustable parameters-no problem.
Their also working on getting rid, or at least making so you dont have to switch off the traction control every time you start your truck....wooohooo.

Chris is great, thanks for the info, just emailed him about the traction control, that would be sweet!!

Reactions: 5star and meaz93

·
Registered
282 Posts

Why do you need to turn off traction control everytime? Just got my 5* tunes today, it's all new to me.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Why do you need to turn off traction control everytime? Just got my 5* tunes today, it's all new to me.
You don't have to, just allows you to get a little bit more squirrely

Reactions: PDX YFZR

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Because I don't want it controlling my truck when I don't need it. When it's snowing or wet....fine.
It's something you don't have to worry over, but it's nice to have the option.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Will it be off full time? or when you press the button it completely shuts them off?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Can't say that I have. If you see something you are worried about then contact 5 Star. You paid for the support when you bought the tune.

Reactions: PDX YFZR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to start data logging and noticed there are a couple of hundred things I could track. What are the most important things to track that say 5 star would want to see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
5* has been great to me so far. I have only had my tunes about a month. Any time I have emailed them with questions about my tunes, they are always quick to respond.

Reactions: 5star

·
Registered
10 Posts
5* has been great to deal with and will continue to use. All my emails have been answered by Chris in a timely manner. Definitely recommend them!! Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I want to start data logging and noticed there are a couple of hundred things I could track. What are the most important things to track that say 5 star would want to see.
Ask them to see if they have a config file they want you to use. Otherwise just use this file:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../ECOconfig.cf4 There are some better ones out there but this one covers the basics.

Here is a how to: http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/46-f150-ecoboost-guides-how-tos/3730-how-datalog-sct-livelink.html

Reactions: 5star and MCDavis

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am having a problem getting mine to read the device. i start the program, plug in the device, and nothing. wait for half an hour and nothing. it never finds the device. the device powers up and then sits.
any ideas?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
i am having a problem getting mine to read the device. i start the program, plug in the device, and nothing. wait for half an hour and nothing. it never finds the device. the device powers up and then sits.
any ideas?
Try several different USB ports. If that doesn't work then download and manually install the drivers from the SCT website. For some reason getting it to read the first time can be a real pita.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I called them prior to my purchase and talked with one of the application engineers for about 45 minutes (they didn't appear to be in any hurry to try to get me to hang up), asking detailed questions about their philosophy on tuning. I have been using HPTuners on my GM products for better than 10 years now but there is not a lot of support or information for the ecoBoost yet. I got all of my questions answered and ultimately decided that the company philosophy was a good fit with my tuning and vehicle build thought process.

Reactions: 5star

·
Vendor
128 Posts
Been excellent for me, both customer service many times and the tunes.
Appreciate the support Sirikenewtron! Always happy to assist in anyway that we can!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts