F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5 Star Tuning is currently running a special on their site for a SCT X3 w/ 5 custom tunes for $379 though Dec 28th with $8 ground shipping to Lubbock, TX. The way I see it, this might be too good to pass up. Thoughts?

Right now this appears to be the only option I have for a tuner, as I have a Mac and can't justify spending the Livernois $$$ for a tuner. How does 5 Star compare to the other tunes available?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill, I greatly appreciate you posting those links. From what I understand the 5 Star site was offering the X3 with 5 custom tunes instead of the 3. And the Livewire with 6 custom tunes. Now I understand they are the tune provider and have the ability to do whatever they want, and I in no way am trying to undermine anyone. I wanted you to know in case it is brought to your attention by a current customer.

I am a big fan of Stage3 and am looking forward to working with Bill when I get to the mods offered by Stage3 that i am wanting.

Thanks,

·
Vendor
897 Posts
We can do the 5 and 6 tunes also. We sell them with 3 because we feel its rare that someone needs 6 tunes. But we can do it as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We can do the 5 and 6 tunes also. We sell them with 3 because we feel its rare that someone needs 6 tunes. But we can do it as well.
I can absolutely see that. I've just never been one to leave anything on the table when its offered...probably explains my waist size! I'll be getting with you (hopefully soon depending on sales!) on my near future mods Bill!

AKRay, Thanks for the link. I'll look at that option too.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Any dyno sheets on the 5 star tunes, currently looking to replace my ssi tune.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Any dyno sheets on the 5 star tunes, currently looking to replace my ssi tune.
Are you dissatisfied with your SSI tune or do you just want to try out another set of tunes?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Not to stir up mess but I got an email from the guy that owns ssi the The tuner himself. Basically ban me from his forum and took away any future tune support . While calling me a dumb **** and Idiot at the same time. All bc I challenged a fellow ssi tuned truck . He ran 13.2 something and I told him I was gonna run faster than him. But I said it in a wwe type of way playing around. On the different forum that happen. Their tunes are powerful but no use me running them after being treated like that. And no support if I do any more mods that would need the tune Tweaked.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
no customer service?
thats bs man, you can call shawn at ANY time and he answers, and will make you the tunes and have them in your email before you even get off the phone... come on

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Bad business practices Man. I lost all respect when I got 6 emails cursing me out. Who does that? Never once said his name in that thread until he sent me the emails. Than I still didn't fire shots at him personal. Be more professional !! Sorry guys over here in this forum. Not trying to start mess. Just throwing out some facts.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Im not looking to get in the middle of any argument, but I can sell you 1, 3 or 5 tunes if you already have the tuner. Give me a call at 623-434-5277.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Tunes by who? dyno sheet to back up? Track times?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts