F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We here at Stage 3 Motorsports are happy to announce that we're extending our 5-Star Tuning and Aftermarket Parts Warranties to the 2015 F150s. At an additional cost over 5-Star's custom tunes or performance packages that include 5-Star's custom tuning, you can receive your choice or either a 5-year/60,000 mile Warranty or a 6-year/100,000 mile Warranty that offers up to $20,000.00 in coverage (including labor) for your F150's powertrain and drivetrain in the event that your Ford dealer refuses to do a repair because of your tuning or performance modifications. The warranties now cover 2015 F150 3.5L EcoBoosts, 2015 2.7L EcoBoosts, 2015 F150 5.0L V8s, and 2015 F150 3.5L V6s using 5-Star's custom tuning, as well as certain other performance modifications. Some modification restrictions apply. Read our 2015 F150 5-Star Tuning Warranty Terms and Conditions for more detailed information.

Stage 3's 2015 F150 5-Star Warranty FAQ:

Q: Are the mileage and age limits on top of my factory warranty?
A. No. The mileage and year range of the warranty are based on your truck's total age and mileage, and does not offer additional warranty coverage on top of your factory warranty.

Q: Do I get 60,000 or 100,000 miles from my truck's current mileage, or is it based on total mileage?
A. The term limits of our warranties are based on your truck's total mileage. So you have warranty coverage until your truck hits 60,000 or 5 years of age from its build date or 100,000 miles and 6 years of age from its build date.

Q: Where do I take my truck if I lunch my warrantied motor?
A. As outlined in our terms and conditions, you would have your truck towed to an Authorized Ford Service Center or dealership.

Q: How does the warranty claim process work?
A. In the event that Ford won't cover a given powertrain or drivetrain repair under the terms of your Ford factory warranty, we'll have you and your Authorized Ford Service Center fill out one of our Warranty Claim Forms and either mail it or scan and email it to us at Stage 3. Depending on the issue or stated cause, we may do our own inspection of the vehicle, its damages, and its maintenance history. If the cause of failure is determined to be 5-Star's tuning or the allowed combination of performance parts, then Stage 3 will pay for the repairs up to the agreed warranty amounts, including labor.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have, we'll do our best to answer and address any concerns.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you guys on vacation? I ordered downpipes 3 weeks ago and my order is still "processing", order 88039

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you guys on vacation? I ordered downpipes 3 weeks ago and my order is still "processing", order 88039
You ordered a set of 2015 F150 2.7L EcoBoost aFe Off-Road Downpipes on July 20th. Those downpipes are currently only available for preorder and are slated to be released towards the end of this month (though that could be subject to change). Once they've been released, they'll ship out to you.

Feel free to give us a call directly at 1-877-578-2433 and speak to one of our sales representatives, if you have further issues with your order.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Two questions.

1 so if I have aftermarket exhaust then that will void the warranty?

Also what if I have aftermarket parts that you guys sell in your packages but I purchased somewhere else will this effect your warranty?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I believe that once you decide which length of warranty you want to purchase through Stage 3 and the tunes you want, they send you a disclosure/mod sheet for your particular truck.
From that point you will be covered by Stage 3 & 5*.
But when you add mods from this point they will need to be purchased through Stage 3 to comply with their warranty....I believe.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Here is a list. image.jpeg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Doesn't say anything about intercoolers, I wonder if the Full Race or Wagner CAC will void the stage 3 warranty? I doubt it, I'm surprised they make you have an upgraded CAC to be eligible for the warranty...lol Less chance of condensation issues leading to blown motors.

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two questions.

1 so if I have aftermarket exhaust then that will void the warranty?
Depends on what you mean by "exhaust". We'll warranty cat-backs all day long, as well as catted mid-pipes. However, we don't warranty off-road midpipes or custom midpipes with pre-cat cutouts and the like.

Also what if I have aftermarket parts that you guys sell in your packages but I purchased somewhere else will this effect your warranty?
We'll warranty parts previously purchased through other vendors/from the used market as long as they're allowable according to sections 2 and 3 of our Warranty Terms and Conditions.

I believe that once you decide which length of warranty you want to purchase through Stage 3 and the tunes you want, they send you a disclosure/mod sheet for your particular truck.
From that point you will be covered by Stage 3 & 5*.
But when you add mods from this point they will need to be purchased through Stage 3 to comply with their warranty....I believe.
Technically no, actually. You can buy other mods from other vendors (at least ones that we also carry) and still be covered. Your only issue is that if you purchase something that requires retuning from somewhere/someone else, then you'll get charged for that retuning as you'd be outside of our Lifetime Tunes Policy at that point. However, as long as that part is allowable under our terms and conditions and you do get properly retuned from 5-Star, you'll still have your warranty.

Doesn't say anything about intercoolers, I wonder if the Full Race or Wagner CAC will void the stage 3 warranty? I doubt it, I'm surprised they make you have an upgraded CAC to be eligible for the warranty...lol Less chance of condensation issues leading to blown motors.
Intercoolers that we sell will not void your warranty, nor will modifying your stock intercooler with a weep holes (assuming you didn't bore a 2" hole in the damn thing). Technically speaking, aftermarket intercoolers don't strictly require retuning anyway, so they're not as big of an issue as they first seem.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions. I know this whole Warranty thing is a bit technical with a lot of different facets, and we'll help however we can.

·
Administrator
11,227 Posts

We here at Stage 3 Motorsports are happy to announce that we're extending our 5-Star Tuning and Aftermarket Parts Warranties to the 2015 F150s. At an additional cost over 5-Star's custom tunes or performance packages that include 5-Star's custom tuning, you can receive your choice or either a 5-year/60,000 mile Warranty or a 6-year/100,000 mile Warranty that offers up to $20,000.00 in coverage (including labor) for your F150's powertrain and drivetrain in the event that your Ford dealer refuses to do a repair because of your tuning or performance modifications. The warranties now cover 2015 F150 3.5L EcoBoosts, 2015 2.7L EcoBoosts, 2015 F150 5.0L V8s, and 2015 F150 3.5L V6s using 5-Star's custom tuning, as well as certain other performance modifications. Some modification restrictions apply. Read our 2015 F150 5-Star Tuning Warranty Terms and Conditions for more detailed information.

Stage 3's 2015 F150 5-Star Warranty FAQ:

Q: Are the mileage and age limits on top of my factory warranty?
A. No. The mileage and year range of the warranty are based on your truck's total age and mileage, and does not offer additional warranty coverage on top of your factory warranty.

Q: Do I get 60,000 or 100,000 miles from my truck's current mileage, or is it based on total mileage?
A. The term limits of our warranties are based on your truck's total mileage. So you have warranty coverage until your truck hits 60,000 or 5 years of age from its build date or 100,000 miles and 6 years of age from its build date.

Q: Where do I take my truck if I lunch my warrantied motor?
A. As outlined in our terms and conditions, you would have your truck towed to an Authorized Ford Service Center or dealership.

Q: How does the warranty claim process work?
A. In the event that Ford won't cover a given powertrain or drivetrain repair under the terms of your Ford factory warranty, we'll have you and your Authorized Ford Service Center fill out one of our Warranty Claim Forms and either mail it or scan and email it to us at Stage 3. Depending on the issue or stated cause, we may do our own inspection of the vehicle, its damages, and its maintenance history. If the cause of failure is determined to be 5-Star's tuning or the allowed combination of performance parts, then Stage 3 will pay for the repairs up to the agreed warranty amounts, including labor.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have, we'll do our best to answer and address any concerns.
Alright, what if Ford says, "No we won't warranty your claim, you are tuned."

Then 5* analyzes the engine and determines that the issue was not caused by tunes or aftermarket parts. (Also assuming good maintenance records are there, general good upkeep, no misuse of the truck, etc.)

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
My understanding is that if Ford determines that it was tuned and decided to void the warranty....Stage 3 would than take over moving forward on working towards coverage/repairs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,227 Posts

This part just sounds like maybe not.

I've read more and more threads about engine failures (that were not stock) being covered by Ford, so I'm growing more and more comfortable. However, I really don't know anything about how my particular dealer handles such things, or how much of a stickler they can be.

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, what if Ford says, "No we won't warranty your claim, you are tuned."

Then 5* analyzes the engine and determines that the issue was not caused by tunes or aftermarket parts. (Also assuming good maintenance records are there, general good upkeep, no misuse of the truck, etc.)
As soon as the dealer says it's a tune-related failure/damage, we step in to either pay for the repairs out of our warranty pool, or we'll argue with your dealer, if we think they're incorrect in their assessment. You, as a customer, don't have to do much of anything once the dealership makes that determination.

Frankly, we'd be cutting a check unless the dealer in question was being heinously stupid about something, especially if there were records about the truck having other issues beforehand that they failed to take care of, especially especially if they were related to TSB problems.

·
Administrator
11,227 Posts
This is why I have chosen 5* :). Thank you! I really have no desire to push its limits, and think I will not have any issues anyway. I hate tacking on 500$ to the cost of tunes and never using it, but the peace of mind is worth it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I bought the warranty with my 5* tunes. No denying it was expensive, but i feel like i enjoy the tunes more without worrying about dealer not covering an expensive warranty claim.

What would you like us to do if we blow the engine while running one of these warrantied tunes? Should we try to return to the stock tune before it gets towed to the dealer?

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What would you like us to do if we blow the engine while running one of these warrantied tunes? Should we try to return to the stock tune before it gets towed to the dealer?
Don't bother trying. Just get it towed to the dealer. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may not be able to flash back to stock anyway.

If it seems like a more minor issue (i.e. truck not making power, or something less catastrophic in general), then you should at least try returning to stock to try to rule out the 5-Star tune as a general troubleshooting step.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
To me the $500 was cheap insurance. I'm actually surprised you guys didn't make it more expensive. The piece of mind is well worth it. Plus they are good tunes. That and in my experience Stage 3 has always had the lowest prices in performance parts. So to me it was easy to buy parts from them and not worry about the retuning fee.

The question we all want to know, with the 11-14 warranty being out for almost 2 years now, any claims made yet?

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The question we all want to know, with the 11-14 warranty being out for almost 2 years now, any claims made yet?
Yep. One guy in two years. Just recently actually. 29,000 miles on the truck with the stock tires, but a good bit of mods. Hole in one of his pistons. Dealer denied warranty due to both the mods and tuning. We paid out for a new long block and labor.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
I'll tell you one thing, the truck I trade this one on in a couple of years will also be tuned by 5 Star and I will be getting the extended warranty then.
I did not get the warranty with this truck/tunes and I haven't had any major issues but when I do have an issue the fact I'm running a tune stresses me the Hell out and the whole "will the dealership find out I'm tuned" BS.

So ya, next truck I will purchase the extended warranty for peace of mind more then anything.

Reactions: Vozaday

·
Administrator
11,227 Posts
I also feel like $500 is very cheap for this sort of tuner backup. I'm gonna save up the thousand bucks after I get a catch can and go for it. Then I'll be on here asking questions to help determine what tunes will suit me :). Or probably just calling 5*. You guys need to set up a credit account ?.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts