F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is what I did to make them match up a bit better.
Sky Light Night Atmospheric phenomenon Lighting

Lumen® PLH10CW - PlaZma Series Fog/Driving Light Replacement LED Bulb (H10 / 9140, White) PlaZma Series Fog/Driving Light Replacement LED Bulb - H10 / 9140, White (PLH10CW) by Lumen®, 1 Bulb. 5-LEDs bulb, 360 degree light output, 5500K color temperature. This is one premium replacement plasma LED bulb that emits a bright color similar to xenon bulbs with a fraction of the heat and power consumption of traditional OEM bulbs. Plasma LEDs also offer double the brightness output of traditional LEDs while offering superior heat dissipation and greater luminosity. Sealed, moisture-proof casings are extremely resistant to vibration, and because substrate in the bulb does not get consumed during use, it will typically last a lifetime once installed on your vehicle. 1-year manufacturer warranty.

LED bulbs look good, but they don't put out much light. I went with some 5000k HIDs until I decided to upgrade my HID heads and no longer needed fogs. I have Rigid D2's where my fogs were now.
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Mode of transport Vehicle

Automotive lighting Light Atmospheric phenomenon Headlamp Mode of transport

Night Automotive exterior Windshield Auto part Road

HID heads and 5000k fogs

Reactions: outlaw25
I was mostly trying to get rid of the factory (yellow) lights and match my HIDs. The real lighting starts when the new ADD bumper arrives. Been watching your build. Great job!!! M
LED bulbs look good, but they don't put out much light. I went with some 5000k HIDs until I decided to upgrade my HID heads and no longer needed fogs. I have Rigid D2's where my fogs were now.
View attachment 6246
View attachment 6248
View attachment 6247
HID heads and 5000k fogs

I was mostly trying to get rid of the factory (yellow) lights and match my HIDs. The real lighting starts when the new ADD bumper arrives. Been watching your build. Great job!!! M
Thanks!

I wasn't happy with the light output of the factory HID's, so i was trying to supplement them and get those ugly halogens out of there. Another plus is that these are aimed down, so they don't blind other drivers.

I'm with pinero61, the LED bulbs look good but that is all they do. The stock bulbs worked better. IMO the LED replacement bulbs were a waste of good money.
I went to a yellow bulb because in snow & rain they do a much better job of lighting up the lines on the road and in snow they just work better then white lights.
Once I get a front bar I'm going with the Rigid LED spots and probably a set of amber fogs.

I think the HID fogs are a good idea. I don't have HID headlights and I probably won't have, so i swapped halogen bulbs to a "night white" which I like. I'm not sure of the exact color temp, but they are whiter than the stock halogens and light up the road just as well or maybe a little better. I'm that guy that drives with my fogs on whenever my headlights are on, because I like the way they light up in front of the truck and the shoulder of the road. Where I drive, it's legal to run your factory fogs anytime.

So....I tried some of the Optic 360 white LED drop-in replacement fogs...super white...look great....don't light up $hit...the factory halogens went farther down the road and to the sides... I'm looking for another halogen bulb that's closer to the color of my headlight halogens to put back in the fogs. I have 8" HID driving and long range off-road lights for seeing way down the road, and adding a couple of LED bars for "fill-in" light close to the truck.

But if I had a different setup, I would strongly consider upgrading the factory fogs to HID, or putting a good quality off-road light in the holes.

So the consensus is that HID upgrade bulbs as pictured above do NOT light up the road as much as the stock halogens do and are more for looks (to match the factory HID's)?
No....I think HID's would be great if you find some GOOD QUALITY brand ones....it was the drop-in LED that looks pretty and doesn't light the road up as well as the stock halogen.

Ok. I was thinking of maybe doing a direct plug and play light. If anyone knows of one that uses a ballast and is good quality they should definitely post it up(that is if they exist)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.