F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering which setting on front 5100 Bilstein leveling kit ? I have 18 super crew cab ,2.7L will top setting make it set level ? don't mind some rake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have my 5100s set to the top setting as well, but added 1-inch Halo blocks in the rear after awhile to restore some of the factory rake. Looks better to me with the rear blocks added.

Rob

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I tired the top setting and it was too tall according to my eyes. The bed rails were dead nuts level with a bubble on the bed side. I drove it this way for a couple of months but it bothered me. That said, I moved it to the second from the top setting, this is perfect to my eyes but the bubble shows the nose slightly down. I honestly can’t see it and I’ve spend an inordinate amount of time looking at it. On the top notch my front end was lifted 2 3/8”.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I personally plan to go with the 1.76” setting as the highest. I’m considering going to the 1.5” setting but it depends on the measurements as it comes from the factory. I ordered the longer bed so the rake is more noticeable which will play into the final decision as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I went with the top setting and I would not change a thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had the 5100's installed to level the truck and installed at the highest (leveling) setting at 2.25" suggested by Bilstein. Here is the final result. I think the front is a little too high for my liking and I am going to reinstall at the 1.5" setting (second highest) and hopefully it gives a little rake from front to back. The picture might not give justice but the front seems higher than the rear., and the front fender is about 1/8 higher than the rear fender. But when I measure from cab to concrete from just behind the front wheel to just in front of the rear tire I am about 3/4 inches lower in the front. But again the front wheel wheel looks higher, giving it an illusion that the front is higher than the back (which I do not want). Thoughts? I just installed these BFG KO2 275 65 R20's Side with 2.25 INCH Setting on Bilsteins 5100.JPG Other side.JPG View attachment Ride Heights for Bilstein 5100.jpg

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
If you run hard tonneau remember you need rake for the water drains to work properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does your truck look like mine posted below? I have them set at the highest setting 2.25" (leveling by Bilstein recommendation).

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
It's also quite possible it will "settle" some too. I would wait a little while

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a slight rake of 3/4 inch from front to back (leans forward) if you measure from the cab corner to concrete, but the high wheel wells in the front are actually cut higher by 1/8 inch. When I look at it from some angles, it looks like the nose of the truck is slightly higher, and rear is "squatting" (which is just not my style). Since the bilsteins are set to the 2.25 INCH setting, I am thinking of having them lowered to the 1.5 INCH setting on Friday which will hopefully get me a little more forward stance with a little more noticeable rake, and not look so douchey... plus it would fit into my garage :)

My thoughts are that since the front wheel wells are 1/8 higher than the rear wheel wells. When I lower the front to the 1.5 INCH Setting it will actually just lower the the front wheel well of a difference of 5/8 INCHES which will give it that forward more noticeable rake.

Thoughts? Thanks for the feed back gents! I'm having a hard time wondering if I should lower the front to the 1.5 INCH setting...

Side with 2.25 INCH Setting on Bilsteins 5100.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
I don't dislike rake as much as some. But I also think your truck looks great right now.

Maybe not so much if you loaded some cargo though. (I'm guessing)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts