F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 lariat supercrew looking for suggestions on how to run wiring for roof mounted light bar other than drilling through roof and down “A” pillar. I’ve looked at YouTube videos and such but nothing works with the way this truck is constructed. I can’t hide it behind weather stripping since it’s attached to door and there’s no channel on upper fender to pass through to inside engine bay so I’m kind of stuck here. Also if someone could tell me how to bypass or jump out whatever turns off the “off-road”/ alley lights in the mirrors after hitting about 5mph. I’ve scrolled through searched threads pertaining to these questions and I can’t find anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
You're not stuck, just don't do it and save your self the "that guy pointed and laughed at me look".

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I feel like this is a question for one of the Facebook groups

Reactions: winchested

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
You lack character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If adding a chunk of giant ugly hardware above your windshield to "think" you look cool is good character then....

·
Registered
54 Posts
If adding a chunk of giant ugly hardware above your windshield to "think" you look cool is good character then....
I know people that have installed them after hitting a moose that work in back country everyday. Who are you to judge. Learn to appreciate diversity. How boring would it be if we all drove the same truck with same setup. Personally I wouldn’t do this either but it annoys me that someone asks for help just to receive your negative feedback.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, it's sad but that's the beauty of the internet...spineless people that wouldn't say Boo if they were face to face with someone all of a sudden get to have their useless input. I used to post on a sportbike site untill every response was the same crap as above.
If you don't like what someone else chooses to do to THEIR OWN VEHICLE...move on.
Have a great Christmas all!
Cheers, Sadz.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I'd definitely tell you to your face that your light bar is fugly!

There are plenty of bumper options for light bars that don't make it look retarded.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd definitely tell you to your face that your light bar is fugly!

There are plenty of bumper options for light bars that don't make it look retarded.
Since were being honest I think your lifted truck without mud flaps is retarded. Rock chips down the side panel, mud on the roof and chipping windows behind you. If you took your truck off road or even on a gravel road where it belongs you would have realized that real quick. Guess your not the only one just trying to look cool.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
I know people that have installed them after hitting a moose that work in back country everyday. Who are you to judge. Learn to appreciate diversity. How boring would it be if we all drove the same truck with same setup. Personally I wouldn’t do this either but it annoys me that someone asks for help just to receive your negative feedback.

Greta, is that you?

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Since were being honest I think your lifted truck without mud flaps is retarded. Rock chips down the side panel, mud on the roof and chipping windows behind you. If you took your truck off road or even on a gravel road where it belongs you would have realized that real quick. Guess your not the only one just trying to look cool.

Got tons of rock chips... Oh but the side steps help protect the rockers... That's what oil spray is for! Don't give a frig about the guy behind me, stay back 200m like you would a firetruck sucker!

TRUTH!

·
Super Modistrator
2,262 Posts
Yeah, I mean no offense to the OP in saying this and not that my opinion means beans but I’d tell you to keep lights off of your roof too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any volunteer firefighters here with light bars on the roof? Same problem with running the wiring I would think...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts