F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
575 hp 618 ft-lbs at the rear wheels!

A little bit of dyno time for Ray Marks 2018 F150 Limited 2wd (non HO). ZFG Racing custom ethanol tune via HP tuners for the last 20,000 miles!

Using the factory ECU's torque demand based strategy, the boost is intentionally tapered in to limit torque and provide a flat torque curve for linear power delivery! In addition "boost/torque by gear" can be set up to get even the 2wd drive trucks to hook up on the street or track! This is all included in your custom tune!

Modifications include:

Wagner intercooler
AFE intake box
Stainless Works Catted Downpipes
Walbro 525
Modified Port injectors
Stock Exhaust
Lowering kit
24" wheels
E85

Dyno was performed in both 5th and 6th gear.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
That’s cookin man, good job. Curious about the boost by gear and how you are doing that. Since I’m 2wd as well being able to do that would help greatly. Any details you can share would be greatly appreciated. Congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s cookin man, good job. Curious about the boost by gear and how you are doing that. Since I’m 2wd as well being able to do that would help greatly. Any details you can share would be greatly appreciated. Congrats again!

Get with your tuner, as long as they are maintaining the torque based strategy it's pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am self tuning right now. I’ll take a look at through the tune and see if I can figure it out. Still learning the crazy ford strategy, I’m used the stand alone ecu or older boost target type strategy. Slow process but I’m learning more each time I mess with it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Awesome curve and power! 6th gear, e85 with those mods and negative DA seems about 25+ish rwhp short though. ;)
Not sure were your getting negative da from, the truck was dyno'd in orange Texas, it was 85 and the da was 1300 feet plus.

The dyno chart 571hp was 5th gear which most companies dyno 575 was 6th gear.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Congrats on your E85 tune on Gen 2s.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on your E85 tune on Gen 2s.
Thanks I've actually had him on e70 plus for a little over a year, in fact probably 21,000 of the 23,000 miles on his truck have been above an e50 content. He's just never been able to get on the dyno and the 1 time he took it to the track it broke both axels and the carrier.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks I've actually had him on e70 plus for a little over a year, in fact probably 21,000 of the 23,000 miles on his truck have been above an e50 content. He's just never been able to get on the dyno and the 1 time he took it to the track it broke both axels and the carrier.

With 24 inch wheels at that power on a 2wd that's going to happen my guess wheelhop city. No way he planted that power on 24s with any tire... shes making good power for sure. Congrats

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am self tuning right now. I’ll take a look at through the tune and see if I can figure it out. Still learning the crazy ford strategy, I’m used the stand alone ecu or older boost target type strategy. Slow process but I’m learning more each time I mess with it.

Here's one way to do it, and How I do it.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Good job bud

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
575 hp 618 ft-lbs at the rear wheels!

A little bit of dyno time for Ray Marks 2018 F150 Limited 2wd (non HO). ZFG Racing custom ethanol tune via HP tuners for the last 20,000 miles!

Using the factory ECU's torque demand based strategy, the boost is intentionally tapered in to limit torque and provide a flat torque curve for linear power delivery! In addition "boost/torque by gear" can be set up to get even the 2wd drive trucks to hook up on the street or track! This is all included in your custom tune!

Modifications include:

Wagner intercooler
AFE intake box
Stainless Works Catted Downpipes
Walbro 525
Modified Port injectors
Stock Exhaust
Lowering kit
24" wheels
E85

Dyno was performed in both 5th and 6th gear.

I’m new to tuning, and want to keep my truck a daily driver as well as modified. Is your truck a daily driver? With that fuel pump can you use non ethanol fuel as well. Those are the kind of numbers I would expect with upgraded turbos. Is mostly the e85 that’s giving you that gain? Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
I’m new to tuning, and want to keep my truck a daily driver as well as modified. Is your truck a daily driver? With that fuel pump can you use non ethanol fuel as well. Those are the kind of numbers I would expect with upgraded turbos. Is mostly the e85 that’s giving you that gain? Thanks
Yes, E85 is easily worth 75-100 of the horsepower you see right there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, E85 is easily worth 75-100 of the horsepower you see right there.
Damn that’s crazy. Thanks for the info. Also is the fuel pump a requirement because of the nature of e85 burning more or just your choice?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts