F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Damn that’s crazy. Thanks for the info. Also is the fuel pump a requirement because of the nature of e85 burning more or just your choice?
Sorry, just realized u weren’t the person who started the thread

·
Registered
161 Posts
The fuel pump is required because e85 takes about 30% more fuel per combustion event.

1.0 lambda with e85 is 9.6:1 afr
1.0 lambda with e10 93 octane is 14.06:1 afr

·
Registered
253 Posts
apparently i missed this. WOW, this is an impressive result. But I can. not. believe. the turbine wheels havent exploded. You're sooo badly overspeeding them its a real surprise these turbos have not let go

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
apparently i missed this. WOW, this is an impressive result. But I can. not. believe. the turbine wheels havent exploded. You're sooo badly overspeeding them its a real surprise these turbos have not let go
Negative, these are 2018plus turbos speed is 220,000 peak which is right at the design limitation. They are flowing exactly 60 lb mass per minute 20 psi boost. If it was 2017 turbos yes they would be way over speed and anyting gen 1 it wouldn't be anywhere close.

You have to remember the 2018 plus turbos are bigger (compressor wise) than any of the upgraded turbos available for the Gen 1.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, 18 turbos have crazy high rpm design limitation. wastegate isn't even full shut to flow 60 lb/min which is the true overspeed denotation.

I pushed my 17 turbos to 55+ lb/min for 50k miles, stayed together.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am curious as to why the stock exhaust? That's a lot of Jam to be running through a 2.37" ID pipe on the resonator tube!!! That being said, those are some awesome numbers regardless!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am curious as to why the stock exhaust? That's a lot of Jam to be running through a 2.37" ID pipe on the resonator tube!!! That being said, those are some awesome numbers regardless!
Hasn't gotten that far yet I guess. It has catted downpipes and because they are raptor down pipes (dual outlet) that section you are talking about has probably been modified. Not 100% sure only know what the customer tells me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Good power, has more on the table for sure

21 - 29 of 29 Posts