3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hP NGauge needs loving too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Won’t happen due to the $200 in credits they have to spend to license your vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received my 93 performance tune for my 2015 2.7. Prior, I was running a BCB Adaptive tune. Now with the 93 performance tune I am showing the OAR is stuck at 0.00. Prior it would hover around -.96 with my BCB tune with 93 octane.

Is it expected that OAR would be disabled on 5*'s 93 performance tune?

As far comparisons, the throttle tip in and transmission tuning is way more aggressive with 5*'s 93 performance tune. My guess is mileage will be a bit worse. Overall, I think BCB is way closer to stock driveability with all out performance having a slight edge to 5*.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
I received my 93 performance tune for my 2015 2.7. Prior, I was running a BCB Adaptive tune. Now with the 93 performance tune I am showing the OAR is stuck at 0.00. Prior it would hover around -.96 with my BCB tune with 93 octane.

As far comparisons, the throttle tip in and transmission tuning is way more aggressive with 5*'s 93 performance tune. My guess is mileage will be a bit worse. Overall, I think BCB is way closer to stock driveability with all out performance having a slight edge to 5*.
Datalog it and send it to the guys at 5 star and also mention the oar.
Oar should not be disabled with 5 star, none of my tunes from them are

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts

My OAR always gos back to 0.00 when switching tunes, it adjusts back but takes some time. I'm currently running BCB adaptive tune also and am waiting for my free 5* aot to compare.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine finally moved but is at .09. It was consistently in the -.9x range with the previous BCB tune and same gas station. I suppose the only thing that has changed is maybe the winter blend, but I'm in MS so its not sure if we the same blends as states with more harsh winters.

·
Administrator
9,797 Posts
The OAR can be manipulated in the tuning. It can even be manipulated such that it DOES adjust, but the PCM actually does not take the input from it and make any changes to the timing and whatnot. Just there for looks, essentially.

So OAR is only as good as the tune it's written in, and with respect to what that tune is programmed to do with it.

Essentially it must be taken with a grain of salt. Only those who know what the tune is programmed to do with the OAR info can really tell you what's good or bad with it. The other data being logged matters as much, if not more.

All of my 5* tunes swing back and forth wildly with the OAR except my old p/t tunes. I got an update on them and the new versions swing all over the place too, so I run my old performance tow tunes when towing. They settle in around -.96 and show good data all around. The updated tow tunes show knock and OAR moves all over the place. The performance and variable octane tunes do as well.

So you really ought to discuss the data you're seeing with your tuner from 5*, and share some logs with them. Knowing what strings have been pulled, they can tell you best what's good and what's not.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts