·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the sct tuner from 5star? If so what do you think about it

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have heard great things. If you search in the upper right hand corner you may find some stuff on 5star.

SPPD

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got a tuner with 5 star tunes from stage 3 motorsports and love how it woke my truck up. I tried the "canned" SCT tunes and the 5 star was much smoother.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have 5star tunes and love them so far. Great power and he developed the tunes(perf/tow) with real weight behind the truck. I've only tried up to the 89 perf/tow tune but plan on trying the 93 perf/tow here soon. My truck pulled my TT good stock, but it does much better with the 5star tunes towing.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have 5star tunes and love them so far. Great power and he developed the tunes(perf/tow) with real weight behind the truck. I've only tried up to the 89 perf/tow tune but plan on trying the 93 perf/tow here soon. My truck pulled my TT good stock, but it does much better with the 5star tunes towing.
I'm still running the canned tune for the moment, but in a few days my CAC and 170 degree thermostat will be installed. Then, the beast will be let loose with some MPT custom tunes.

DROCK, how are you liking that charge pipe? Noticeable power gains?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the input. My new 5star tuner will be here soon. Also going w/ AFE cold air and 4" heartthrob exhaust.

·
Registered
53 Posts
DROCK, how are you liking that charge pipe? Noticeable power gains?
Can't tell you just yet, haven't installed it! I've been hunting white tails in all my free time lately. Hopefully i'll get to put it on in the next few weeks. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Can't tell you just yet, haven't installed it! I've been hunting white tails in all my free time lately. Hopefully i'll get to put it on in the next few weeks. Thanks again.
HAHA, same here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts