F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 f150 3.5 eco
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum. I have tried searching for data logs to compare to. I have been running a 93 PRX tune and changed to a E30 PRX tune. 2018 3.5 is running great. I monitor always, seeing large -KR. I did my first 5th gear WOT and see large -KR throughout. I feel that there is room for improvement here. I reached out to tuner, who has been great. They said the data log looks great! Would anyone be able to take a look at my scan and see what you think?

Thanks all

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
For whatever reason MPT has always had crazy deep negative KR for me, whereas most other tuners it maxes out at -3 or -4.

Always thought it was kind of weird, but what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 f150 3.5 eco
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For whatever reason MPT has always had crazy deep negative KR for me, whereas most other tuners it maxes out at -3 or -4.

Always thought it was kind of weird, but what do I know.

What type of spark advance are you see at WOT?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Atleast you’re seeing -KR and not +KR. Just means your fuel quality is very good and could even be that they have conservative spark in that area. Not only that but the truck ADDED that amount of spark.

What was your OAR? The truck could still be adjusting.

·
Registered
2018 f150 3.5 eco
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has been -1 for a long time now. Haven't seen anything lower since last summer, bad batch of e85 sent it to -.86 for a couple minutes.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Are you using an ngauge? That’s probably what confused Scott.

Sct/bullydog read oar as -0.96 to 0.96. Same concept but slightly different reading.

Hptuners reads -1 to 1. No different but I guess they like to account .04 more:cool:

·
Registered
2018 f150 3.5 eco
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you using an ngauge? That’s probably what confused Scott.

Sct/bullydog read oar as -0.96 to 0.96. Same concept but slightly different reading.

Hptuners reads -1 to 1. No different but I guess they like to account .04 more:cool:
Yes, I use ngauge.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
What type of spark advance are you see at WOT?
That I don’t remember, I don’t run MPT anymore.

Another thing that was weird was my oar would always be -1.00 on my MPT when on my tunes from other company it moved around and adjusted occasionally as it should.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
That I don’t remember, I don’t run MPT anymore.

Another thing that was weird was my oar would always be -1.00 on my MPT when on my tunes from other company it moved around and adjusted occasionally as it should.

My MPT tunes had OAR locked, but that was a PRX tune on a Gen1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts