F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,295 Posts
That 5.3 can barely pull out of a driveway. I can't imagine doing anything other than a straight flat road with that 5th on it.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Id go with the 2405BH, but yeah pretty much the same.

The only thing I dont like is the fresh water tank at 31 gallons. Water goes fast when boondocking.
It's a 5'er, so it should have an outside capability to pump fill from portable tanks. We only have a 42 gallon fresh water tank, so I do this all the time.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
Those are legit ½ton 5vers!

Sure, they are less of a 5ver than most 5vers, but that's the point. You just gotta believe they are awesome to tow compared to the same size of RV hooked to the bumper.

I'm so tempted!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's a 5'er, so it should have an outside capability to pump fill from portable tanks. We only have a 42 gallon fresh water tank, so I do this all the time.

I keep (2) of the 6 gallon jerry cans for water when needed. Pretty easy to move a decent amount of water in a reasonable time if needed. It's actually easier to carry (2) or (1) also haha. Balance you out...

·
Registered
22 Posts
You think its more sensible to tow a more stable trailer while possibly exceeding payload/RAWR, or do you stick with the TT that you know are in your trucks limits?
I believe your statement here answers the hypothetical question. Regardless of how much more stable a 5th is over a TT, how comfortable are you with being at or near payload or even exceeding it every time you travel? Is this now going to affect the stability of the tow vehicle itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts