F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just put some Toyo Open Country MTs on about a month a go and decided to drop down to a 4" because I'm getting old I guess. Put everything on and now my tires rub on the back edge of the front fender. I'm running 20x10 -12 wheels now, I was told by several people to do 20x9 with 0 offset. Does anybody know if this will work? Here are some pictures. I would actually like to have the tires placed a little more inside the wheel well to keep in cleaner, again, lazy with the old age I guess. And I only did the front, cause this issue arose on the test drive. In the last picture you can kind of see where its rubbing on the inner bolt. Also, it doesn't rub while turning the steering wheel in the driveway, only while the steering wheel is turned and going over a bump or something to compress the suspension, if that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trim the fender. Not sure that wheel change will make enough difference.
Thanks for the reply man! My issue with that is that I'd rather not cut up my fender, so that's why I asked about the wheel change. Kind of an expensive truck to cut, ya know?

·
Registered
176 Posts
According to the maths, which I’m not real good at you’ll be almost an inch more towards the frame with the setup you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna go ahead and get the new wheels. It only took me 25 minutes per side to go from the 4 back to the 6 with a beer break in between, so thats not too bad.thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Um the fenders are cheaper than the wheels....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts