F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey how's it going! I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask for some help at the same time!

this is my project for the few last years and after a chassis redo and lost motivation it is completely my baby again haha. I finally mustered up the drive to get it finished up and it is happening at a rapid pace! I will do my best to update the pics quickly and am open to any comments, critiques, suggestions or information regarding my project, thanks for checking it out!

i have Been building trucks for years as far as fabrication and suspension goes but this is my first performance undertaking. I have the entire engine swap out of the f150, and the stock wiring for the engine as well as the computer, I need to know the best way to wire this thing up in detail and be able to use my sct programmer to load custom tunes and be able to get this thing to run right. I believe it's the first of its kind and its got go to SEMA this year so we are just opening up the throttle on the build.

Some of the basics for an idea of what were doing.

Completely redesigned sheet metal body, chopped, sectioned, leaned forward, custom body lines, fenders, roll pans, tailgate skin, hood opening, radiused doors factory glass retention etc.
Hand built 2x4 chassis, one off front suspension using ART Shockwaves
4 link rear w/ sway bar
turbos are turbonetics t3's
turbosmart bov
turbosmart wastegates
gsp intercooler, oil cooler, trans cooler.
sct programmer
winters quick change ford 9in
Wilwood 6 piston big brake system
And so on

As far as wiring goes idon't even know where to start really, do I have a harness built from scratch, use pieces of the factory harness, use a stand alone system, there are no painless or ezwire options yet, I'm just lost on the best way to attack this process as it is my first wiring and performance rodeo, finishing up sheet metal work now before I tore into the engine wiring and was looking for some guru help or a push in the right direction of maybe who to talk to professionally, thanks for all your help and feel free to ask questions, here are some pics so u know what I'm working with!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
That is a cool project.:cool: You're probably breaking ground. If you have the wiring harness and computer from the donor vehicle I'd say use it. Otherwise you need to find a company like www.casperselectronics.com that deals with Ecoboost engines. Casper's has been my go to company for Buick GrandNational stuff, I'd contact them and ask if they deal with Ecoboost which I don't think that they do but they may be able to point to a company like themselves that do. The owner of that Company, John Spina, has a Cobra and a kit Spyder that he has put GrandNational engines into. The Spyder is a twin turbo GN engine, they are well versed in computer controlled, fuel injected, turbo(twin/single) engine transplants. And put them tires on right!!!:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yea I knew I would catch hell for the tires being backwards, I'm sure u can appreciate a Mach up set of wheels and tires but yea thanks I am aware they are the wrong direction I assure you as that is a huge pet peeve of my own, and thanks for the helpful information, I will give them a shout and see what they can do for my specific application, very helpful! Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't have much help to offer, but I will say this that truck is going to be so sweet when it's done that is some beautiful work you have going on. Oh yeah and welcome to the forum I hope you get all the help you're looking for I cannot wait to see this thing done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you brotha! I appreciate it! Been trolling around te entire site looking at all the bitchin f150 ecoboosts and they sure are tempting! I hope I get te help I need as well! After checking the site out and noticing how positive and helpful this community is with eachother, and trust me the minitruckin/hot rod guys tend to have a bias if it soesnt fit their own exact personal style, so I decided to join even tho I don't have an "f150" but it is the old school version none the less and hope u guys don't mind..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you brotha! I appreciate it! Been trolling around te entire site looking at all the bitchin f150 ecoboosts and they sure are tempting! I hope I get te help I need as well! After checking the site out and noticing how positive and helpful this community is with eachother, and trust me the minitruckin/hot rod guys tend to have a bias if it soesnt fit their own exact personal style, so I decided to join even tho I don't have an "f150" but it is the old school version none the less and hope u guys don't mind..
Wait!!! hold on you don't have an f150 ecoboost..... What are you doing here get out of our forum immediately this is an exclusive club!!! J/k lol as far as I'm concerned everyone is welcome here (which really doesn't mean anything...) it's why I spend so much time on this forum plenty of knowledgeable people everyone is helpful, nice and very encouraging. Every forum that I have been a part of except for this one I would get into an argument over something dumb and absolutely pointless for every single post I would put up. So I was extremely glad when I cautiously joined to find this community. So again I say welcome and the truck is going to be sweet!

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nasty Wendy! I appreciate the information on caspers, although he only specializes in GM connectors and adapters he was able to give me some helpful info on where to get started. So thanks again! Red whoosh! Thanks for the kind words, I will be sure and keep this thread updated :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man great build! Looking forward to see how it plays out - would love to swap an Ecoboost into a 60's Falcon.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Nasty Wendy! I appreciate the information on caspers, although he only specializes in GM connectors and adapters he was able to give me some helpful info on where to get started. So thanks again! Red whoosh! Thanks for the kind words, I will be sure and keep this thread updated :)
Glad you got some help from him. He is an all around awesome dude.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey how's it going! I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask for some help at the same time!

this is my project for the few last years and after a chassis redo and lost motivation it is completely my baby again haha. I finally mustered up the drive to get it finished up and it is happening at a rapid pace! I will do my best to update the pics quickly and am open to any comments, critiques, suggestions or information regarding my project, thanks for checking it out!

i have Been building trucks for years as far as fabrication and suspension goes but this is my first performance undertaking. I have the entire engine swap out of the f150, and the stock wiring for the engine as well as the computer, I need to know the best way to wire this thing up in detail and be able to use my sct programmer to load custom tunes and be able to get this thing to run right. I believe it's the first of its kind and its got go to SEMA this year so we are just opening up the throttle on the build.

Some of the basics for an idea of what were doing.

Completely redesigned sheet metal body, chopped, sectioned, leaned forward, custom body lines, fenders, roll pans, tailgate skin, hood opening, radiused doors factory glass retention etc.
Hand built 2x4 chassis, one off front suspension using ART Shockwaves
4 link rear w/ sway bar
turbos are turbonetics t3's
turbosmart bov
turbosmart wastegates
gsp intercooler, oil cooler, trans cooler.
sct programmer
winters quick change ford 9in
Wilwood 6 piston big brake system
And so on

As far as wiring goes idon't even know where to start really, do I have a harness built from scratch, use pieces of the factory harness, use a stand alone system, there are no painless or ezwire options yet, I'm just lost on the best way to attack this process as it is my first wiring and performance rodeo, finishing up sheet metal work now before I tore into the engine wiring and was looking for some guru help or a push in the right direction of maybe who to talk to professionally, thanks for all your help and feel free to ask questions, here are some pics so u know what I'm working with!

View attachment 1392
View attachment 1393
View attachment 1395
View attachment 1396
View attachment 1397
View attachment 1398
View attachment 1399
Very neat Swap! I am doing a very similar project in type of vehicle and engine. I am probably close to the point you are. I started on it a year ago in April then got sick in July so have done little since. Hoping to get back on it very soon. I pretty much have the wiring figured out and plan on doing a kit harness but it is probably 6 mo out yet. Knowone I am aware of is doing a stand alone harness except for a company across the "pond" in the UK. They want around 10,000 for the package. Mostly because of the direct injection there are issues.

Ford Racing told me 3yrs ago they are doing a harness kit but so far nothing. They even did a press release they were coming out with it.

Where my truck differs from yours is its a 1966 and I am utilizing all the F150's electronics. Ford integrated in steering angle sensors etc into system which is why you will need to add a bunch of stuff or use a stand alone harness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
EcoBoosted66F100
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing