F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So much for 8 - 12 weeks. After getting no updates on my special order build, I got a call saying my new SCrewboost was on the lot this past weekend. As it turns out it was delivered on my birthday 9/6, but my sales lady didnt get in until 9/7 at which point she noticed the truck on the main lot... AND ANOTHER SALES GUY ABOUT TO TAKE A CUSTOMER OUT ON A TEST DRIVE IN IT!? She ran out there and stopped them before they had a chance to get in. Apparently the guy was interested in the 2-tone paint.

Nothing special here. 2013 XLT 4x4, 3.31 standard rear diff, 301a package, etc. I actually left the chrome package on the table not necessarily because of the cost, but because I dont want running boards (although the wife does), I like the look of the blacked out mesh in the front grill better and dont trust painted chrome on such thin edgy plastic, and prefer the style of the 17" wheels over the chrome 18"'s. Longer term, I plan to eventually put some OEM 20's from a Lariat/Platinum on it, and Bilstein 5100's. Short term it's getting front window tint and spray in bedliner.

Not my first Ford (95 & 04 Rangers), but I always resisted Full Size and 4wd because I didnt want to pay for something I hardly ever needed. But I did really well financially on my last truck (09 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab, awesome truck!) and it was time to give it a go since I have long admired the F150. There really was no way I saw myself in a V8 so here I am. :cool:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks Sharp!

I would have been fit to be tied if a dealer used my special order for a test drive! I am glad the sales person caught that before it happened.

Well what are your first impressions of driving your brand new EcoBeast?

SPPD

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well what are your first impressions of driving your brand new EcoBeast?

First impressions:

-Seems easy to drive smoothly when easing into or out of the gas, but obviously has the get up and go once you get your foot into it a bit and/or 2000 rpm +

-Might be noticing a bit of a shudder/shake when traveling at lower speeds, whether on the gas lightly or coasting, which feels like the truck is bouncing around a bit. This might just be the roads I'm driving on, but people have mentioned this as an issue with the 6.5' box longer wheelbase (mine is the swb 5.5' box) so Im going to give it some time and see where/when Im noticing this little shake/bounce.

-Been driving it really smooth and easy on the gas, but on the way home from the dealer accelerating out of a sharp corner I heard / felt a light clunk from what seemed like was the driveshaft / rear end when I got on the gas. I'm writing it off as a drivetrain with less than 10 miles on it breaking in and 'learning' it's new driver. Maybe just a rough shift. People have discussed this on the forum.

-Noticed the rough idle / engine shake on initial start/warm up that others on the forum have mentioned. Seems very minor, but noticeable. Apparently it's of no real concern.

-Can I not quickly skip from folder to folder when using USB to play music? It would appear that every time I want to change folders I have to navigate into the menu and "explore USB" to then manually select the folder I want to play music from?? I understand I could have it pull songs based on Artist, etc. but my USB drive is organized by folder and it would be great to skip to the next folder the same way I skip to the next track..??.. What gives??

-I saw the thread with the new TSB for the CAC issues and the pic of the metal shield they are apparently installing on the lower half of the CAC's now. Mine came with the RevB setup and the plastic shield on top. Hoping for the best realiability-wise. I'd like to think I have a good feel for my equipment and my driving habits would contribute to good reliability, but a lot of it is just luck of the draw with problems on any given truck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

photo_zpsc8ff3a8f.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good looking truck! I have the same two tone that you have. They're hard to find! I didn't special order, but fell in love with it when i saw it on the lot as it was the only one for a 100 mile radius that i'd seen with the two tone white/silver. Enjoy it, i love mine so far.

·
Registered
565 Posts
that is a nice looking truck very similar to mine i like the look with out running boards and the 17's the factory chrome 18's is my least favorite thing on my truck

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all.

...and I quickly figured this out. When you're using Sync USB as your source the Left / Right arrows on the dash skip tracks, and the Up / Down arrows change folders on the USB device. I guess I kept trying the other Left/Right arrows on that part of the cluster which are used to navigate the menu's instead.

-Can I not quickly skip from folder to folder when using USB to play music? It would appear that every time I want to change folders I have to navigate into the menu and "explore USB" to then manually select the folder I want to play music from?? I understand I could have it pull songs based on Artist, etc. but my USB drive is organized by folder and it would be great to skip to the next folder the same way I skip to the next track..??.. What gives??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts