F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip from Florida to California (and back to Florida). Did some sightseeing so the total trip was about 7,000 miles. We started at 7 k and now about 14 k miles.

What I found

After doing the Rock Mountains with Snow and Death Vally with dust storms ....

Mileage

Best was 20 mpg at about 65 mph on flat ground
Average interstate was 18 mpg at 79 mph
About 16.5 mpg at 85 mph
Lowest was about 12 mpg after almost an hour over 90 mph ... wife was driving ...

Negative Findings

Front hood dances up about 3/4" or more with hard side and semi winds. Scary but it never flipped open but never had any car or truck have the front hood dance up due to wind.

Ford GPS at time will of course get you lost. But I run a Garmin in parallel (And have many paper maps) on long freelance trips
(I have crossed the US 7 times but first time in this Truck) and it also sometimes gets you lost. About 90% of the time do both GPS give you the same route. Ford GPS does not allow searching while in route ... which is a pain as we travel 2 up + dog ... and searching will on route helps smooth the long day.

Glove box still rattles and the Dealer has yet to get a replacement to fix it.

Positive Findings

With Pt accessories and Crew Max cabin's normal options this truck is great for interstate cross country trips. Fast, Comfortable, 600 mile range with large gas tank. Adaptive cruise control is also great and the radar and side lights saved my ass more than a few times on the trip. Power is great for passing and mountain passes.

This truck is a winner for doing 500 + mile days for many days straight. A 1000 mile day for us is hard but doable with 2 drivers and good weather / roads .... But hard to find a dog friendly hotel/motel at midnight on a Friday / Saturday night ...

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have not noticed my hood lifting. Glad to hear you enjoyed it otherwise!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wife's got a lead foot.

Sounds like a great trip.

--------------

We never become who God created us to be trying to be like everybody else.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I noticed some hood buffeting in my trip from Michigan to Florida yesterday. No more that I had with my Mustangs (aluminum hoods). I ran about 77 in the 70 mph zones. Readout hovered between 17.7 and 18.3. Sitting at 17.9 when I backed in my driveway at 3:30 this morning. Max tow with a 36 gallon tank.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Compared to my previous trucks, I can barely see the hood driving down the road.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Mine will dance a little, but I'm usually well over 100mph when it does. I've tested it to 140mph, and it stayed on, so no worries, if you travel at sane speeds.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts