F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Friday at 10pm loaded up with roughly 3k lbs of cargo. Bed as full as I could get with all my gear and the rest in a utility trailer. Able to get 21mpg doing 60 and 16.4mpg going 70-75. Thought I'd share pretty happy with the towing results considering the two mountain passes I had to go over.

Anyone else have any longer hauls with similar results?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ugh, uhauls are horrible for fuel economy, because of the extra long neck they put on to prevent damages to their boxes when idiots inevitably jackknife them. They're *sooooo* far behind you, your the air your truck has moved out of the way has had a chance to swirl back down again. They're also stupid heavy all steel. And i'm pretty sure the single axles don't even have the surge brakes.

All that being said - even loading that thing up the max, your truck should barely notice it's back there. :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ugh, uhauls are horrible for fuel economy, because of the extra long neck they put on to prevent damages to their boxes when idiots inevitably jackknife them. They're *sooooo* far behind you, your the air your truck has moved out of the way has had a chance to swirl back down again. They're also stupid heavy all steel. And i'm pretty sure the single axles don't even have the surge brakes.

All that being said - even loading that thing up the max, your truck should barely notice it's back there. :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Yeah I couldn't really feel it at all which I love when towing with this truck. An yes uhaul trailers are horrible. I had it stuffed with two bickes( Ktm 250's) and five spools of barb wire and whatever else I couldn't fit in the truck. Truck had 25 5' posts in it and other gear, saws, and chains ect. Had a lot of work to do on my property in nor-cal so being able to rent a trailer and drop it off at the uhaul in town was a bonus. Hate to haul a empty trailer 800 miles. Here's the way back what I got.

Trip "A" is my overall "B" is the last fill up to home. And my mpg @ 70. Wish it had your overall mph on the screen as well. Sorry "a" is a bad shot its

Time- 35:52
Gal- 95.2
Mile- 1692
Avg mpg 17.8

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts