F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm moving from a small suv and looking for an EcoBoost. a local used dealer has a 2011 with 80K miles on it listed for 20,900 and a 3 yr 36K mile warranty (everything but cosmetics). Would you say this is a good deal or is the mileage too high for a 2011? I loved the test drive that thing will scoot!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hum.. It depends on the trim,, model and what options the truck has on it and condition of the truck. No doubt the EcoBoost has proven it can go the distance and handle high mileage and aging well. If it drives well and comes with a warranty then there are no worries about the truck being ablility to keep going strong. You won't be disappointed with the performance of the EcoBoost.
Which leaves the price of the truck. What Model is it (XLT, FX4, ect?) Cab Configuration, 4x4, options etc? Also ensure you ask the dealer what Services have been done to the truck.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nah... I just got a 2012 TexasEdition XLT 4-door with 3,500 miles on it for just a bit more than your being quoted. Keep looking. They're out there. Took me quite a while to find mine, but worth the wait!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I paid a little over 26k before taxes with incentives for my 2013 XLT Sticker price just over 41k. Mine is only 2wd, but that price seems pretty high to me. Keep looking and I am sure you can do better.

SPPD

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I paid 44k before taxes for a brand new, fully loaded (and I mean fully loaded) fx4.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I agree looking it up with just standard options and they seem a couple grand high.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously guys??? 23K is my top end...but ya'll are getting some pretty sweet deals. I have a buddy who goes to manheim auctions. I wonder what they're going for there. any recommendations where i should be looking????

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
What area of the U.S. are you in? That would help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I paid 44k before taxes for a brand new, fully loaded (and I mean fully loaded) fx4.
You got a sweet deal on that one! Still cheaper in the States I guess. I paid 47,400 that was taxes in. Had a sticker price of 58,700. Thought I did good! Mine is Fully loaded too.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Mine stickered at $53,255.00. I did x plan and there were some rebates available as well. I think it worked out to $100 over invoice, when people say they paid less than invoice I tend to doubt it. It was a fair price for both parties IMO.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Mine stickered at $53,255.00. I did x plan and there were some rebates available as well. I think it worked out to $100 over invoice, when people say they paid less than invoice I tend to doubt it. It was a fair price for both parties IMO.
I forgot I used an xplan also. I agree It works out nice for the buyer and the dealer still makes a little on the deal. I paid under invoice, but that was after the incentives of around 6k.

SPPD

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Oops, I meant it was $100 over, before applying rebates.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You got a sweet deal on that one! Still cheaper in the States I guess. I paid 47,400 that was taxes in. Had a sticker price of 58,700. Thought I did good! Mine is Fully loaded too.
Mine was the xplan as well...Made a huge difference on price!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I paid 41k for my fully loaded FX4.. 36k after Mustang trade in. I'm in Houston and have seen some good deals around here. I bought mine at Planet Ford in Spring (north Houston)
I can't remember my MSRP but I have the window sticker in my truck still lol.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went with it. it comes with a 3/36K warranty. so far i love it. there is a "clunk" when stopping and getting started after stopping. i've been told it's a "slip shaft" and they're taking care of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I went with it. it comes with a 3/36K warranty. so far i love it. there is a "clunk" when stopping and getting started after stopping. i've been told it's a "slip shaft" and they're taking care of it tomorrow.
Congratulations,

Welcome to the EcoBeast family.

SPPD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
13 Participants
Eco12
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing