F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do those of you with this tune find the fan to come on more frequently and especially at times when it seems like it's not needed? My fan has been coming on while ambient is about 72degrees and the truck is sitting idle. Also comes on when I'm cruising in the same ambient temp at about 30 mph.

I do have the 170 t-stat in and did advise them of this when I ordered the tune. Just curious if others are seeing a similar operation.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
My LET tune back in the day was setup so the fans came on right from a cold start. I had Erick bring it back to stock as it got annoying.

Ask them when it's set to come on and see if they'll up the triggering temp for you.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My LET tune back in the day was setup so the fans came on right from a cold start. I had Erick bring it back to stock as it got annoying. Ask them when it's set to come on and see if they'll up the triggering temp for you.
Well I actually emailed and asked if that's how the tune was written and I'll I got was "tune is attached, thanks!" with no explanation of what was changed or whatever. So I thought I'd ask here.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I'm curious as well but I imagine that if you have a colder thermostat that they adjusted the fans to try and keep your coolant at the 175-180 mark.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious as well but I imagine that if you have a colder thermostat that they adjusted the fans to try and keep your coolant at the 175-180 mark.
That's the same thought I had. But my coolant temps as shown on my X4 don't really climb much. Although they do read around 190. From what I've read though, this is because it gets head temp and not actual coolant temp? I dunno, maybe I read wrong.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Well I actually emailed and asked if that's how the tune was written and I'll I got was "tune is attached, thanks!" with no explanation of what was changed or whatever. So I thought I'd ask here.

Lol, that's the same thing i get when i get a revision back, no explanations at all.

Reactions: mwemaxxowner

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
^Ohh, I call 5* even after I get the revision-lol
Their quick to get back so it's a pleasure.
All those guys are customer service oriented!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I agree, I usually deal with Chris, he's great

Reactions: 5star and meaz93

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
That's the same thought I had. But my coolant temps as shown on my X4 don't really climb much. Although they do read around 190. From what I've read though, this is because it gets head temp and not actual coolant temp? I dunno, maybe I read wrong.
What I was trying to say is that they may have dropped the temp at which the fan comes on to 180 or so if you have a 170 Tstat. Might as well keep the coolant temps down to around where the Tstat works. There is a separate PID for cylinder temps.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I was trying to say is that they may have dropped the temp at which the fan comes on to 180 or so if you have a 170 Tstat. Might as well keep the coolant temps down to around where the Tstat works. There is a separate PID for cylinder temps.
So then "coolant temp" is actual coolant temp?

If so, it's always around 190. Sometimes the fan runs, sometimes it doesn't. I'll monitor it again.

·
Vendor
128 Posts
Do those of you with this tune find the fan to come on more frequently and especially at times when it seems like it's not needed? My fan has been coming on while ambient is about 72degrees and the truck is sitting idle. Also comes on when I'm cruising in the same ambient temp at about 30 mph.

I do have the 170 t-stat in and did advise them of this when I ordered the tune. Just curious if others are seeing a similar operation.

Thanks!
With the 170 t-stat, we set the fans to come on a bit earlier than with the stock thermostat. If you'd like us to dial it back closer to stock let us know. Other than the fans how is the tune running for you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts