F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum, have a quick question. I just bought a 2011 f150 ecoboost SCREW a couple weeks ago and I decided to disconnect the ground cable to reset the computer so it could adapt to my personal driving style. Upon reconnecting and turning the key to the on/run position, the a/c blend/mode doors keep clicking/making noise and it won't stop. When I first got the truck whenever I change the a/c mode or temperature they would click a few times, but it's doing it until I turn the truck off... I definitely don't plan on driving it like this forever, it might drive me crazy... Anybody who had a similar problem or anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Take back to the dealership. Never heard if this one yet

sent from my 5SpaceGrey using Tapytalky while getting PAID

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Take back to the dealership. Never heard if this one yet

sent from my 5SpaceGrey using Tapytalky while getting PAID

We had this happen to the wife's Taurus. Yup, I would take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well last night after about a half hour I went back and disconnected the ground cable again, waited a few minutes and put it back on, blend doors quit making noise... Hasn't been a problem at all today so I guess I'll just ask the dealership about it when I take my truck in for service next week. Maybe just one of those electrical gremlins I'm guessing!

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's was def a problem with the blend actuator. They probably just didn't initialize properly the first time you disconnected the battery. Make sure you can you between hot and cold fully with no issues. If there is no noises then it will be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine did the same thing, as well as a buddy of mines truck. Blend door actuator problems, took care of them with bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bringing up an old thread.

Same as op. Had disconnected battery to clean map and maf sensors while changing plugs, turned truck on and thumped/clicked under dash (assuming blender door or something)

Anyway, I had disconnected negative again and upon starting again, the click is gone for now.

I suppose the motor or actuator probably needs to be replaced?

Kind of weird same exact thing happened to me, anything to it?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Mine started doing the same thing a couple of months ago but it stops after 10 seconds or so. I never disconnected my battery but I did run it dead with my hazards on while I had my alley blocked during our move. Maybe I need to disconnect the ground and see if it cures itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts