F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question guys,

My A/C is fairly cold but on max has no power. It's a light breeze coming out of the vents and hardly any difference between the lower settings and max settings. When I turn it to max it sure sounds like it's blowing appropriately but you can't feel it.

Cabin filter is my first thought to check but due to the absence I have no starting point as I'm still learning this truck.

What're your thoughts? Blower? Where do I look first?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Check fuses as well. This is my first suggestion, when I was in college I got a Mazda3 and it had no AC. Under recommendation I got the whole thing replaced at the tune of $2,500. Still didn't work.

Bad fuse. Spend another $1 and everything was good. Do not rely on shops to check the simple things. Unless they are actually decent. lol.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If you can hear the fan blowing hard as it should, then one of the blend doors has failed. Fuses are easy to check, Fan blower is moderately easy, blend door issues are a PITA and involves pretty much removing the dash. I don't think there are filters in there. What year are we talking?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
DNA Dan we are talking a 2013 XLT EcoBoost.
The cabin air filter got introduced somewhere around the 2015 model year. Others can correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I understood as well!

So today I had another unique circumstance arise. I had all the power I would expect but it would only blow hot air!!! I went ahead and replaced the blend door actuator but it wasn't it. What's next fellas? A leak?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Aren't there 2 or 3 actuators in there? Did you replace them all?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think 3 but I know of 2. I replaced the one for temp control as that was the last big issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is seemingly fixed! The truck was in the shop a couple of weeks ago and there was some fuse work then. Turns out the fuse for the compressor was pulled! It hasn't been warm enough for me to use the AC so it took me a couple of weeks to catch it. I feel dumb bc I noticed a few empty fuse slots but chalked them up to ieither being a sunroof or some other feature I don't have. Although I checked my fuses I didn't diligently correlate the diagram like I needed to, I skimmed it but not thoroughly. I'm an idiot for trusting a shop blindly. Thank you everyone for all of your input! I learned a tremendous amount from you all!

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Good to hear.
Don't beat yourself up too much. We've all been there.

Besides, I'm betting it was a feeling of relief when you discovered that cold air suddenly shooting out of those vents!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Check fuses as well. This is my first suggestion, when I was in college I got a Mazda3 and it had no AC. Under recommendation I got the whole thing replaced at the tune of $2,500. Still didn't work.

Bad fuse. Spend another $1 and everything was good. Do not rely on shops to check the simple things. Unless they are actually decent. lol.
I'll just leave this right here. lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts